24-hour Mother's Day Sale, May 1st (16GB $299.99, 32GB $324.99)

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: 24-hour Mother's Day Sale, May 1st (16GB $300, 32GB $325)

I have the unlocked version on AT&T and it works great. The 4.4.2 update came pretty quick, maybe a few weeks after it came out. Love it!

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app
I have the locked ATT version. Is there an advantage to unlocking the phone and, if so, will it void my warranty?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I have the locked ATT version. Is there an advantage to unlocking the phone and, if so, will it void my warranty?

SIM unlocking should have no affect on your warranty.

mth785

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't pass up the price, had to order one. The goddaughter gets a nexus 4 for her birthday.

Via my Nexus 4.

BlueGoldAce

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
So my iPhone 5s for $800 and picked up one of these. Just planned on using it and then selling it pretty quick,but if it is as good as I hear, I might get it for the long haul!

anon(8630322)

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Mothers Day MARCH 15TH 2014 ,

which planet are you on ?. Oh, USA I guess. Please don't assume everyone lives over there. Here in good old Great Britain this special day is or was, MARCH 15th this year.

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site

SIM unlocking should have no affect on your warranty.

From the Motorola site:

Unless you have a Developer Edition device, once you get the unlock code, your device is no longer covered by the Motorola warranty; in other words, please don't blame us if things go wrong, even if they appear unrelated to unlocking the bootloader.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

From the Motorola site:

Unless you have a Developer Edition device, once you get the unlock code, your device is no longer covered by the Motorola warranty; in other words, please don't blame us if things go wrong, even if they appear unrelated to unlocking the bootloader.

That's talking about bootloader unlocking. That's not talking about SIM unlocking. Those are two different things.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

That's talking about bootloader unlocking. That's not talking about SIM unlocking. Those are two different things.

Yes. SIM unlocking is not bootloader unlocking.

SIM unlocking does not void your warranty.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

which planet are you on ?. Oh, USA I guess. Please don't assume everyone lives over there. Here in good old Great Britain this special day is or was, MARCH 15th this year.

Ok. But the sale was on May 1st so that you'd have enough time to get it by Mother's day. lol.

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site

Yes. SIM unlocking is not bootloader unlocking.

SIM unlocking does not void your warranty.

After further research I see that you are correct. I Googled unlocking Moto X and the entry I quoted was the first to come up. My bad, I should have read it more thoroughly.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

OK...so just because you don't live in the USA we shouldn't talk about the mother's day sale?

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Has anybody got a shipping confirmation yet? I ordered around 7 am, and haven't gotten one yet.

Posted via Android Central App

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Has anybody got a shipping confirmation yet? I ordered around 7 am, and haven't gotten one yet.

I got my electronic receipt after I bought it and it says I should receive it on May 8, that should say on in your receipt no?

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

When I got my Moto X several weeks ago I never got a shipment confirmation email, but when I went in the website and to my order status it showed a tracking number.

anon(8630322)

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
OK...so just because you don't live in the USA we shouldn't talk about the mother's day sale?

No Ben, talk about it by all means, but the assumption was that this day is celebrated on the same date worldwide. IMO the sentence should have included or mentioned the USA rather than take it for granted thet everyone on this forum lives there

BlueGoldAce

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
No Ben, talk about it by all means, but the assumption was that this day is celebrated on the same date worldwide. IMO the sentence should have included or mentioned the USA rather than take it for granted thet everyone on this forum lives there

Motorola's ad even said mother day.

Don't blame people for not taking the time to apologize to other people who are not in the same situation. Granted.... I can see the aggravation, but it only hurts the conversation here.

KennyJohnson

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I ordered mine on the first has it still isn't showing up as shipped. I thought we were supposed to get our phones within 4 business days? Kind of disappointed that it's taking so long. I went with a wood back so maybe that takes more time.

detroitmikeb

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Ordered a black on black on black 32GB Unlocked Thursday afternoon - still no shipping. Last email said it was in good hands being built. Kinda bummed they are not pushing them out in that 4 day window anymore. Estimated delivery is the 9th :(

KennyJohnson

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Ordered a black on black on black 32GB Unlocked Thursday afternoon - still no shipping. Last email said it was in good hands being built. Kinda bummed they are not pushing them out in that 4 day window anymore. Estimated delivery is the 9th :(

Mine is on the 9th as well. :(

A week is a long time to get a phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis