Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nanorris88
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is this a good deal on a Moto.X?

Hey, guys.

I've been offered a white Moto X for $180. No cracks or scratches, but there is a dent where the sim card tray is. No other cosmetic damage. I realize I can buy a new sim card tray online to fix that.

Claims they have only had it for two months. Of course I would test out thoroughly before buying. I am aware of the sale coming for a new Moto X. Not interested in paying that much, however.

I was just curious regarding opinions. Thanks!

The Moto X will go on a 24hour sale May 1st for $299. Build it how you want.
    On a side note, looks like Motorola is announcing a new phone on the 13th so not sure what that's about

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Is this a good deal on a Moto.X?

Also, given the fact she bought it two months ago, the phone would still be under warranty for a year correct?
    Bnjf likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I saw that. Honestly, I got a S5 but I'm just not crazy about it. Looking to pick up either this Moto X or a new Moto G to keep my upgrade and bridge the gap until these new phones are officially unveiled.

Opps didn't mean to thank that comment. Lol. But yeah that sounds like a plan. Don't see any reason why Motorola wouldn't stand behind the standard warranty on equipment unless there is some catch . Cant say enough good things about my experience with their customer service anyway. I think you'll like the simplicity and usefulness of the X. Good luck!

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    595 Global Posts

I would think they would still honor the warranty, just like if it was given as a gift. There might be a few hoops to jump through if you need to make a claim though. When I got my replacement they pretty much had all my information(name, shipping, etc.) and I just had to confirm it. And if I remember right they said it had to be shipped to the same address as my original purchase. That is where the catch might be, unless I am remembering wrong... but I'm pretty sure.

Edit: BTW mine was a motomaker X. Is the one you are looking at buying a retail one or a motomaker?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Retail. I believe she purchased from a radioshack.

I just bought my Moto X three weeks ago from Moto Maker. May 13 is the day before my birthday, and depending on how this announcement goes and what the phone looks like. I may have to preorder it, and sell my OG Moto X.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

not really but i would just go thru warranty
    i have the all white one
    i came from note 3