"hiding" stock apps

shetach

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
While browsing on another forum I discovered that you can actually hide apps from the app drawer: by going to settings/storage/apps you can select apps to disable them. Disabling will uninstall any updates, delete any data associated with the app, and most importantly for me, remove them from the app drawer. So I just gained about 1 GB is storage space, plus cleared up so much useless stuff.
Coming from blackberry where everything was so hidable this feels liberating.
Just sharing

Posted via Android Central App

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
While browsing on another forum I discovered that you can actually hide apps from the app drawer: by going to settings/storage/apps you can select apps to disable them. Disabling will uninstall any updates, delete any data associated with the app, and most importantly for me, remove them from the app drawer. So I just gained about 1 GB is storage space, plus cleared up so much useless stuff.
Coming from blackberry where everything was so hidable this feels liberating.
Just sharing

Posted via Android Central App

Well, rather than hiding the stock application you can try installing the some of the memory cleaner apps like du optimiser etc... what they does is they clear all the junk and useless data out of the system.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
But unless you're rooted, a cleaner app like that won't be able to get rid of a stock app. If you have no use for a stock app and are unable to uninstall it, then disabling is the best option, since it prevents the app from opening and taking up any RAM.

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01