Moto X losing connection to mobile data after idling

olbapnauj

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello there guys i got a new Moto X 3 days ago from Nextel (Mexico) the phone is gorgeous i like itso much!

So.. the same day i got it i started to update all the apps and then upgrade to kitkat 4.4.2 but not everything is perfect

I realized when i left my phone idling like 20-30m (dont have an excact time is just a random moment some times less some times more) i didn't yet new notifications like email, whatsapp messages or rss updates until:
  • Open the app (whatsapp, greader, email ) and wait some secs,
  • Manually disable and enable the mobile data
  • Restart the phone.
After i reconnect i got all my notifications messages emails etc at the same time as if I just connect.

Already tried to;
  • Reset the APN to default,
  • Made a factory reset,
  • Uninstall the app that i have problem
  • Called my provider and they told me they reset the data on their system and needed only a rebot after that i got a better download speed significantly but the problem persist.

All the time i have the H or H+ icon with full bars

any hits to this annoying problem?

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello there guys i got a new Moto X 3 days ago from Nextel (Mexico) the phone is gorgeous i like itso much!

So.. the same day i got it i started to update all the apps and then upgrade to kitkat 4.4.2 but not everything is perfect

I realized when i left my phone idling like 20-30m (dont have an excact time is just a random moment some times less some times more) i didn't yet new notifications like email, whatsapp messages or rss updates until:
  • Open the app (whatsapp, greader, email ) and wait some secs,
  • Manually disable and enable the mobile data
  • Restart the phone.
After i reconnect i got all my notifications messages emails etc at the same time as if I just connect.

Already tried to;
  • Reset the APN to default,
  • Made a factory reset,
  • Uninstall the app that i have problem
  • Called my provider and they told me they reset the data on their system and needed only a rebot after that i got a better download speed significantly but the problem persist.

All the time i have the H or H+ icon with full bars

any hits to this annoying problem?

Well, if all the the time you are having an H or H+ icon means the data connection should be working perfectly. Try switching to some other service provider and then try using their data services and if the network data connection still drops out I will say the problem is somewhere with the device other wise there is the problem with the service provider only and you need to talk with your service provider only as they are the only one who can help you out. :)

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Also, I think this might be a KitKat glitch. They're supposed to be fixing it with the update we're supposed to be getting. Some Nexus 5's also have the problem.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

olbapnauj

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Update for the problem: after the second call i made at my provider the notifications arrives but with a delay of 10 - 15 minutes.
i'm gonna call them again .

Also, I think this might be a KitKat glitch. They're supposed to be fixing it with the update we're supposed to be getting. Some Nexus 5's also have the problem.

I dont know if that are good news for me.. Mexico always get the updates very late, sometimes the updates didnt arrive at all :(

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Update for the problem: after the second call i made at my provider the notifications arrives but with a delay of 10 - 15 minutes.

I dont know if that are good news for me.. Mexico always get the updates very late, sometimes the updates didnt arrive at all :(

Maybe it is a problem with your carrier, in your case. Does it happen no matter where you are, or is it worse in certain places?

olbapnauj

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Maybe it is a problem with your carrier, in your case. Does it happen no matter where you are, or is it worse in certain places?

The Location doesnt matter the problem persist all the time when i don't use the smartphone.

My brother have an atrix HD with the same carrier and he never had those delayed notifications some friends at work also don't have poblems but with olders device im the only with a moto x and kitkat

I contacted Motorola on their Live chat but they didnt help at all and my carrier everytime i call them they just told me to rebot the device... Oh gosh and i signed 12 months contract :c

Sorry for my engrish

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Your English is fine. I'm not sure what to advise except maybe rooting? Maybe you could sideload the update when it's released.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

Motorola is very good about updating their phones, and the moto x historically has gotten quick updates because it has near so stock Android with little to no modifications. You can probably expect an update a few weeks after Google releases it. Additionally, Mexico is a very important market for Motorola right now, so I'm sure you wont get left behind.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Try to remove your sim card and put it back again.... Or ask for a new one, might be your sim card...

Worth a try since your running out of options.

Posted via Android Central App

SandroidE

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I have read that in some countries, there was something wrong with the modem that kk update has... I think that in Chile they put the update on hold until fixing that...

Do you know another person that owns a moto x and also has your carrier?. Did you use the phone with original 4.2.2?, if so, was the problem present?

I would like to determine if this is a kk issue, a phone issue or a carrier issue...

Enviado desde mi XT1058

ShlomoX

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar issue to yours with 4.4.2 and carrier metro pcs. Data will stop once or twice a day sometimes while phone is idle and sometimes when in use. If I leave it for some minutes it will normally return or if I'm in a hurry putting it in and out of airplane mode sometimes more than once will also work.

I've rebooted, taken out the sim card and at one point when data had slowed to a crawl had metro pcs do a reset on their side, nothing changes.

When I first received the phone this didn't happen and first started about the time I added ,dun to the apn type for tethering (from this forum and xda) ..at least that's when I think it started. I've since returned the apn type to original and tried deleting some apps I may have downloaded after the problem began and still the same.

I can still reset the phone but that's a pain and since I'm not certain where the issue originates I'm not even sure that would work.

Edit: Also even when no data 4g lte icon will show on top bar and when pull down notification shade with two fingers 4g lte will show in white as if functioning (with orange normally signifying no data.

Just happened again now as I was saving this edit damn lol.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara