Not too impressed with the Moto X compared to S3

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I'm used to touchwiz. I'm sure this will grow on me, but just not used to it. It might be much better but I'm used to the easy customization.

Your on the beggining stage, and wait when you hit the transition stage of going to a stock android fones.... My first smartphone was S3 and I loved it so much, everytime I looked at other smartphones, especially Nexus and other stock android phones, I was like wow Idk why people like those types of fones, they are boring and etc etc.. But after couple of years, I got bored with samsung and other fones with their gimmicky features, so all I want now is nexus or a fone with stock android :)

Posted via Android Central App

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Coming from an S3 I could not disagree with you more, granted I never did like Touchwiz that much.

Software aside since that's a preference thing, the Moto X hardware is much better than the s3. Not to mention the build quality.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
S3 you can hide apps that are preinstalled.

You can do this on the Moto X as well.

You can re-arrange the toggle's in the drop down notification bar.

Correct. You can't do this with the stock Moto X.

You don't have At&t in the top bar.

This only applies to the AT&T model, IIRC.

Opening the phone section does not easily show you how to view the contacts or missed/recent calls. You have to see the icons and understand them.

Favorites and frequent pop up first. That's good enough for me. Call history is on the left button. Contacts? I blame Google when they separated out the Contacts into it's own app away from the Dialer app.

No sd card in Moto X.

Yawn.

Have percent in top bar for battery.

You could fix this with an app or use the Notification Shade to get the "actual" percentage.

b_slow1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
If you prefer the S3, then keep the S3. Ain't freedom grand? Obviously, if the Moto X was for everyone, it would have sold better than it did. :)

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm used to touchwiz. I'm sure this will grow on me, but just not used to it. It might be much better but I'm used to the easy customization.

Easy customization is synonymous with Android. I'm using Nova Launcher and Zooper Widget and have my phone setup just to my liking.

I came from an S3 and with exception of the camera, my X is clearly superior in every way for me.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
get a launcher...like Apex...the end lol

sent from my Moto X <3

I have been using nova. It works really well for me. I don't change much in the way of look though. Just have the app drawer transparent, and have the Google now launcher drawer icon and dots.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I have been using nova. It works really well for me. I don't change much in the way of look though. Just have the app drawer transparent, and have the Google now launcher drawer icon and dots.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Hows the battery life after you use those launchers?