Not too impressed with the Moto X compared to S3

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
So I got a Moto X yesterday for my work phone. I have a S3 as my personal phone and much more impressed with the interface/function of the S3 over the Moto X

S3 you can hide apps that are preinstalled. You can re-arrange the toggle's in the drop down notification bar. You don't have At&t in the top bar. Opening the phone section does not easily show you how to view the contacts or missed/recent calls. You have to see the icons and understand them. No sd card in Moto X. Have percent in top bar for battery.

But its much better than my ancient Lg Phoenix phone for work! lol

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
So I got a Moto X yesterday for my work phone. I have a S3 as my personal phone and much more impressed with the interface/function of the S3 over the Moto X

S3 you can hide apps that are preinstalled. You can re-arrange the toggle's in the drop down notification bar. You don't have At&t in the top bar. Opening the phone section does not easily show you how to view the contacts or missed/recent calls. You have to see the icons and understand them. No sd card in Moto X. Have percent in top bar for battery.

So your a TouchWiz fan thank you captain obvious.

BlueGoldAce

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. You going to be in the minority preferring the S3 over the moto x.

Honestly, a lot of people prefer it over the S5....

Thats the beauty of android market...you can download things to do almost anything. With the S3 you are forced to live in the "customizable" interface of touchwize. I had the s5 for 14 days, returned it. Order a moto x a few days ago.

Last edited:

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Have percent in top bar for battery.

I find this unnecessary now because I'm not constantly worrying about the battery with my Moto X. I suppose many phones don't come with that luxury.

Plus, if I absolutely HAVE to see the battery percentage, it's in the notification pulldown.

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. You going to be in the minority preferring the S3 over the moto x.

Honestly, a lot of people prefer it over the S5....

Thats the beauty of android market...you can download things to do almost anything. With the moto x you are forced to live in the "customizable" interface of touchwize. I had the s5 for 14 days, returned it. Order a moto x a few days ago.

Huh? The Moto X doesn't have TouchWiz...

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
If you really like TouchWiz samsung phones are where it's at. Maybe this thread should have been called "I don't like stock kitkat as much as I like TouchWiz on my s3".

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I will always like natural vanilla stock Android over TouchWiz or HTC Sense I love my moto X for nothing I really wished I had instead of it of course

Posted via Android Central App

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Samsung phones are crap. Anything with touchwhiz is crap. I switched from the s4 to the moto x. The sad thing is that even though the S4 is the faster phone on paper the moto x blows the S4 out of the water. Why? Because there is no touchwhiz.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Brady KEITH

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site

my guess is that you were used to the SGS3's touchwiz, and are now using pure-ish Android for the first time. you'll get used to the X, and over time may prefer the X's interface over the SGS3. as with any new device, there's a learning curve up front.

1. it looks like you discovered how to disable apps.
2. as for toggles in the notification shade, there should be fewer of them on the X than the SGS3, which may make it easier to find what you're looking for.
3. a few users addressed your dialer concerns in your other thread.
4. icons must be both seen and understood, as was the case with the SGS3 and any other smartphone that i'm aware of.
5. true, there's no sd card; embrace the cloud.
6. there should be apps in the play store that provide a battery percentage in the notification bar (or even a widget).

i'd recommend using the X for awhile...i bet it grows on you.

gingersnapgirl

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
You can re-arrange the toggle's in the drop down notification bar.

an app called Notification Toggle will help with this. This was the ONLY thing I missed about my S3. I miss it no more.

You can also configure it to show the battery percentage in the notification bar.

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm used to touchwiz. I'm sure this will grow on me, but just not used to it. It might be much better but I'm used to the easy customization.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar