Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    995 Global Posts

Default Not too impressed with the Moto X compared to S3

So I got a Moto X yesterday for my work phone. I have a S3 as my personal phone and much more impressed with the interface/function of the S3 over the Moto X

S3 you can hide apps that are preinstalled. You can re-arrange the toggle's in the drop down notification bar. You don't have At&t in the top bar. Opening the phone section does not easily show you how to view the contacts or missed/recent calls. You have to see the icons and understand them. No sd card in Moto X. Have percent in top bar for battery.

But its much better than my ancient Lg Phoenix phone for work! lol

Default Re: Not too impressed with the Moto X compared to S3

Ya you can disable apps on moto x too. And get the battery percentage thing by downloading a app.

Quote Originally Posted by Redx View Post
    So I got a Moto X yesterday for my work phone. I have a S3 as my personal phone and much more impressed with the interface/function of the S3 over the Moto X

S3 you can hide apps that are preinstalled. You can re-arrange the toggle's in the drop down notification bar. You don't have At&t in the top bar. Opening the phone section does not easily show you how to view the contacts or missed/recent calls. You have to see the icons and understand them. No sd card in Moto X. Have percent in top bar for battery.

So your a TouchWiz fan thank you captain obvious.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    995 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 4runnerbrett View Post
    Ya you can disable apps on moto x too. And get the battery percentage thing by downloading a app.
    you can hide apps? How. I like how I can have the percentage without downloading anything
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    995 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    So your a TouchWiz fan thank you captain obvious.
    I just like the customization that you can do. I figured with Kit kat this would be better than s3

I just like the customization that you can do. I figured with Kit kat this would be better than s3
    Just because you can't figure it out doesn't mean it can't be done.

Default Not too impressed with the Moto X compared to S3

Agreed. You going to be in the minority preferring the S3 over the moto x.

Honestly, a lot of people prefer it over the S5....

Thats the beauty of android market...you can download things to do almost anything. With the S3 you are forced to live in the "customizable" interface of touchwize. I had the s5 for 14 days, returned it. Order a moto x a few days ago.
    Thanked by 2:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    995 Global Posts

Did find out how to hide apps but it wasn't an easy thing to find or as simple to do

I Had s3, I have OGP currently, had the option to get S5 or M8 or Z2, but I bought Moto X

Posted via Android Central App

Have percent in top bar for battery.
    I find this unnecessary now because I'm not constantly worrying about the battery with my Moto X. I suppose many phones don't come with that luxury.

Plus, if I absolutely HAVE to see the battery percentage, it's in the notification pulldown.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGoldAce View Post
    Agreed. You going to be in the minority preferring the S3 over the moto x.

Honestly, a lot of people prefer it over the S5....

Thats the beauty of android market...you can download things to do almost anything. With the moto x you are forced to live in the "customizable" interface of touchwize. I had the s5 for 14 days, returned it. Order a moto x a few days ago.
    Huh? The Moto X doesn't have TouchWiz...

Meant s3

Global Posts
    716 Global Posts

If you really like TouchWiz samsung phones are where it's at. Maybe this thread should have been called "I don't like stock kitkat as much as I like TouchWiz on my s3".
    Thanked by:
    Bnjf 
    Wlctttrue likes this.

i also like my friends honda civic compared to his friends BMW 750. HONDA rocks!!!!

I will always like natural vanilla stock Android over TouchWiz or HTC Sense I love my moto X for nothing I really wished I had instead of it of course

Samsung phones are crap. Anything with touchwhiz is crap. I switched from the s4 to the moto x. The sad thing is that even though the S4 is the faster phone on paper the moto x blows the S4 out of the water. Why? Because there is no touchwhiz.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    tedbearclaw and Wlctttrue like this.

my guess is that you were used to the SGS3's touchwiz, and are now using pure-ish Android for the first time. you'll get used to the X, and over time may prefer the X's interface over the SGS3. as with any new device, there's a learning curve up front.

1. it looks like you discovered how to disable apps.
    2. as for toggles in the notification shade, there should be fewer of them on the X than the SGS3, which may make it easier to find what you're looking for.
    3. a few users addressed your dialer concerns in your other thread.
    4. icons must be both seen and understood, as was the case with the SGS3 and any other smartphone that i'm aware of.
    5. true, there's no sd card; embrace the cloud.
    6. there should be apps in the play store that provide a battery percentage in the notification bar (or even a widget).

i'd recommend using the X for awhile...i bet it grows on you.
    Palm Centro | iPhone 3G | iPhone 3GS | BB Curve | Palm Pixi | HTC Evo 4G | HTC DInc 2 | Moto X | SGS4 | iPhone 5S | Moto X (no. 2) | SGS5 | iPhone 5S (no. 2)

You can re-arrange the toggle's in the drop down notification bar.
    an app called Notification Toggle will help with this. This was the ONLY thing I missed about my S3. I miss it no more.

You can also configure it to show the battery percentage in the notification bar.
    Thanked by 2:
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Global Posts
    995 Global Posts

Yeah I'm used to touchwiz. I'm sure this will grow on me, but just not used to it. It might be much better but I'm used to the easy customization.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Global Posts
    995 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gingersnapgirl View Post
    an app called Notification Toggle will help with this. This was the ONLY thing I missed about my S3. I miss it no more.

You can also configure it to show the battery percentage in the notification bar.
    Thanks, that helps a lot
    Thanked by:
    benhaube likes this.

Yeah I'm used to touchwiz. I'm sure this will grow on me, but just not used to it. It might be much better but I'm used to the easy customization.
    Your on the beggining stage, and wait when you hit the transition stage of going to a stock android fones.... My first smartphone was S3 and I loved it so much, everytime I looked at other smartphones, especially Nexus and other stock android phones, I was like wow Idk why people like those types of fones, they are boring and etc etc.. But after couple of years, I got bored with samsung and other fones with their gimmicky features, so all I want now is nexus or a fone with stock android

Coming from an S3 I could not disagree with you more, granted I never did like Touchwiz that much.

Software aside since that's a preference thing, the Moto X hardware is much better than the s3. Not to mention the build quality.

Ry

Global Posts
    8,945 Global Posts

S3 you can hide apps that are preinstalled.
    You can do this on the Moto X as well.

You can re-arrange the toggle's in the drop down notification bar.
    Correct. You can't do this with the stock Moto X.

You don't have At&t in the top bar.
    This only applies to the AT&T model, IIRC.

Opening the phone section does not easily show you how to view the contacts or missed/recent calls. You have to see the icons and understand them.
    Favorites and frequent pop up first. That's good enough for me. Call history is on the left button. Contacts? I blame Google when they separated out the Contacts into it's own app away from the Dialer app.

No sd card in Moto X.
    Yawn.

Have percent in top bar for battery.
    You could fix this with an app or use the Notification Shade to get the "actual" percentage.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto 360 (LWX48T, Lollipop 5.0.1)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)

What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Darth Spock likes this.

If you prefer the S3, then keep the S3. Ain't freedom grand? Obviously, if the Moto X was for everyone, it would have sold better than it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Rosenthal View Post
    If you prefer the S3, then keep the S3.
    Refer to first sentence of OP's opening post.
    Palm Centro | iPhone 3G | iPhone 3GS | BB Curve | Palm Pixi | HTC Evo 4G | HTC DInc 2 | Moto X | SGS4 | iPhone 5S | Moto X (no. 2) | SGS5 | iPhone 5S (no. 2)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast