Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cases for the Moto X

Does anyone know a case that protects moto x but not bulky and has grip

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Cases for the Moto X

Don't get a case. Just don't be careless. You bought this nice phone, with a nice in-hand feel, and a nice little dimple on it, and you're just gonna cover it up with a slab of rubber? Seems silly to me...

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Rosenthal View Post
    Don't get a case. Just don't be careless. You bought this nice phone, with a nice in-hand feel, and a nice little dimple on it, and you're just gonna cover it up with a slab of rubber? Seems silly to me...
    Especially if you have a Motomaker X.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    Motorola Moto X.

www.twitter.com/tweed7 <----FOLLOW ME!

If you really want a case. Look at amazon. You will find several there. Are search moto x cases, you will find ample recommendations.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I looked but haven't really seen anything I liked

Global Posts
    707 Global Posts

I like the qmadix case, but the back is slick

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

Yeah true, but most people need to carry it around for 2 years. One drop and it can be gone. I can't imagine someone wanting to spend more money on repairs rather than just buying a case. I love the feel of the phone though.
    Thanked by:

I have a plain black Moto X and I could care less about the dimple. I have this case: Amazon.com: Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case for Moto X / Motorola X Phone (2013) - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories It's not bulky compared to an Otterbox or something like that, but is a bit thicker than the thinnest plastic shell cases out there. It's grippy but not too much so (i.e., the phone still slides in and out of my pocket easily) and it protrudes slightly in the front so you can lay the phone down on its face without the screen touching the table. No actual screen protector though. For $10 it's worth a try.

More silly than telling someone "just don't be careless?"

If someone wants or needs a case to protect their investment, be it because they're accident prone, careless, work in construction, or whatever, that's their choice.

I'm using the Seidio Dilex case. Though the kickstand on the back does not affect the in-hand feel as much as I thought it would, I'd still prefer to not have a kickstand. But, the case has protected my phone through many falls, and I'm reluctant to try anything else.
    Thanked by:

Cimo S

Global Posts
    588 Global Posts

I have this guy. You'll think I'm crazy, but it's the best $7 ever. The case is firm, you have access to the dimple, and the textured (non-shiny) part of the back feels REALLY close to the soft touch back on the phone. (I have Navy Blue). I didn't know what to expect, but it was the only case I found that I liked that had a cutout for the dimple. It's slim and minimal as well. I'll probably order a couple more on down the road too.

billrininger and sh0ebox like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KWKSLVR View Post
    I have this guy. You'll think I'm crazy, but it's the best $8 ever. The case is firm, you have access to the dimple, and the textured (non-shiny) part of the back feels REALLY close to the soft touch back on the phone. (I have Navy Blue). I didn't know what to expect, but it was the only case I found that I liked that had a cutout for the dimple. It's slim and minimal as well. I'll probably order a couple more on down the road too.

Can't get the link to open. Can you post it again?

Global Posts
    588 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGoldAce View Post
    Can't get the link to open. Can you post it again?
    Sorry about that. The AC App didn't like my code. It's all fixed now.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

Global Posts
    588 Global Posts

I also have these 4 other cases. The Incipio has the most protection (out of what I have). I haven't tried the Seidio yet (got it on the AC deal of the day). The clear plastic one I picked up off of Amazon purely for the kickstand and the monstrosity on the left, well, we all know where those come from and how freaking horrible they are.
    Cases for the Moto X-unnamed.jpg

http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...o-x-cases.html

There is a really long thread about this already that I am the author of. Dozens of cases suggested here. I suggest you take a look.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

I'm using my speck case

Thanked by:
    zeteo 

Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I got the clear case from Motorola when I ordered my phone through motomaker. I use that one on weekends. I got this one to use during the week at work.

Cimo Motorola Moto X S-Line Case Flexible TPU Cover - Clear by Cimo http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EB3G1SW/...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

Both are clear to show off my wood back.

Posted via Android Central App from my Ebony backed Moto X
    Tim
    Droid 4
    Nexus 10
    Lapdock 500 Pro

Supcase +1

Cases for the Moto X-img_20140504_230622-1-.jpg
    Thanked by:
    limitbreak09 likes this.

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

I was coming down the page to recommend the Supcase from Amazon, but zedorda beat me to it. I have 3 for my X and love them. They have the ones with several colors of trim with the frosted back to show the color and then several more with the colored backs. They have been running around $15 each at Amazon depending on the color. They have a good look and feel and I can use them with a leather belt pouch at work and in my pockets on the weekends.
    Moto X
    iPhone 5S

I am really glad I had a case on last week. In five years of smartphone ownership I'd never dropped a phone any significant distance or onto a hard surface before. My phone slipped as I pulled it out of my pocket while I was walking. It hit the ground almost directly face-down right in front of my moving foot and I drop-kicked it. It skittered - still face-down - across 5 feet of cement and then another 6 feet of brick. My case has a low-rise rim around the screen (shorter than most TPU cases) to facilitate swiping the screen to access the Android sidebars. The case has a couple scuffs on in and the top corners of the phone are dinged a bit. The screen protector has a couple of scratches but I don't think anything reached the screen itself. You won't catch me without a case or a screen protector on my phones!

Quote Originally Posted by KWKSLVR View Post
    I have this guy. You'll think I'm crazy, but it's the best $7 ever. The case is firm, you have access to the dimple, and the textured (non-shiny) part of the back feels REALLY close to the soft touch back on the phone. (I have Navy Blue). I didn't know what to expect, but it was the only case I found that I liked that had a cutout for the dimple. It's slim and minimal as well. I'll probably order a couple more on down the road too.
    That looks pretty much identical to the Cimo S case, which I use. Does this one also have the diamond grid pattern molded into the sides for better gripping?
    Having the cutout for the dimple makes it even easier to use it as a balancing point for the phone when holding it.

Global Posts
    588 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Hong View Post
    That looks pretty much identical to the Cimo S case, which I use. Does this one also have the diamond grid pattern molded into the sides for better gripping?
    Having the cutout for the dimple makes it even easier to use it as a balancing point for the phone when holding it.
    Yep. I think it's the exact same except mine says, "GreatShield" on the back and the colors are different, of course.

I have the SUPcase and its pretty nice. Doesn't add bulk and has a clear back so you can see your backplate color. Still has the dimple on the back as well. Rubber outer edge for grip.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    HTC Thunderbolt 4G
    Running: Bamf Forever Cubed 1.0.9

I prefer flip case, because it protects the screen. The one I got looks nice, doesn't add much to the bulk, and is cheap.

Luxury Flip Leather Case Wallet Pouch Cover for Motorola Moto x New M1 | eBay
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast