Any way to automatically open dial pad?

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Using this phone for work and I am constantly dialing new numbers. So is there anyway to open the dial pad when pressing the phone icon? Would just make things a little easier when on the go

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Using this phone for work and I am constantly dialing new numbers. So is there anyway to open the dial pad when pressing the phone icon? Would just make things a little easier when on the go

As far as I'm aware using the stock dialer there isn't.
There probably is a 3rd party dialer in the playstore that would let you go directly to the dial pad though.
I haven't tried any of the 3rd party dialers tho myself.

sent from my Moto X , Android Central Moderator

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I've been wishing for a way to do this on my Moto X since I got it. I haven't even considered third party dialers since on any previous phone, they have all had serious lag when compared to the stock dialer.

I don't know why I didn't think of this until now, but I just created a Tasker task that does just this - opens to the dialer. Just use the Phone > Call action and leave the number blank.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
ExDialer is great, been using it on few androids, work very well on the Moto X, much better than the stock dialer

I second that. When I had my s4 I used ExDialer. I can't comment for how it works on the moto X but it worked beautifully on my S4 and there are many themes.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I second that. When I had my s4 I used ExDialer. I can't comment for how it works on the moto X but it worked beautifully on my S4 and there are many themes.

Can Ex-Dialer be set up to be the default dialer? I hate the fact that the stock dialer doesn't have landscape mode.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Can Ex-Dialer be set up to be the default dialer? I hate the fact that the stock dialer doesn't have landscape mode.

I honestly don't know of any way to do that. I'm sure you can select it to open by default when clicking on a phone number or something. And im sure with root there's a way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20