Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Default Gmail notifications go silent (sometimes) when Moto X is in my pocket.

I have active display enabled. I know the Moto X is supposed to recognize when the phone is in your pocket or placed face down so it will not waste battery life showing notifications. Sometimes there is no audio notification of received gmails when the phone is in my pocket. The problem is inconsistent and I have not noted any pattern. Sometimes I get audio notifications and sometimes I don't. I have "sleep at night" enabled but this occurs outside of the specified sleep times.

Any ideas what settings to check or is it time to do a factory reset? Trying to put off a factory reset because it is such a nuisance to get the phone set up exactly like it was before. I wish android had a true "back up and restore" feature to restore start screens, folders, etc.

Default Re: Gmail notifications go silent (sometimes) when Moto X is in my pocket.

Have you looked at your label settings within Gmail? Settings, your Gmail, manage labels. Make sure each label is set to give a notification

-Eclipsed Moto X-
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Default Re: Gmail notifications go silent (sometimes) when Moto X is in my pocket.

Good thought . I'll take a look. Thanks.