Screen goes black on a call
Hi, just had a weird thing with the X 4.4.2.
On a call and on hold longer than the normal screen timeout of 2-minutes. Finally got to a human and the screen was black but I was still able to carry on the call.
I didn't want to press any buttons in case it dropped the call and I would have to wait again. Nothing I could do would make the screen light up, shake ir, wipe the screen, tap it. Aftert the call I hit the on/off butotn and it was locked and needed a PIN to get back in.
Is there some option to not turn-off the screen during a call? Or is this an Android-4 feature!
- 05-05-2014, 01:05 AM #2
Re: Screen goes black on a call
This has to do with a sensor. There is a sensor at the top bezel of the phone that senses if your device is up to your ear. That way during a call your cheek won't accidently push buttons. Is it possibly blocked by a case or something? I'm sorry if I couldn't be more help to you.
- 05-05-2014, 01:50 AM #3
- 05-17-2014, 12:34 PM #4
- By Steven Grodzinski in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 15Last Post: 01-07-2017, 07:51 PM
- By Atif_Azim in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300Replies: 4Last Post: 05-25-2014, 11:41 AM
- By Lynx in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 85Last Post: 05-21-2014, 06:17 AM
- By LJ Washington in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 2Last Post: 05-07-2014, 04:15 PM
- By xondk in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 05-05-2014, 04:17 AM