Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Moto X Pricing on Verizon

    Does anyone know why the price of the Moto X, off-contract, goes up by $50 if the carrier you choose is Verizon? The 32gb phone itself is 399.99, but when selecting the Verizon option, the cart goes up to $449.99. During last week's sale, I remember the price staying at $324.99 regardless of carrier/contract option you chose. This $50 charge is keeping me from ordering the phone right now because it looks like a money grab from VZW.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Moto X Pricing on Verizon

    Quote Originally Posted by sekots View Post
    Does anyone know why the price of the Moto X, off-contract, goes up by $50 if the carrier you choose is Verizon? The 32gb phone itself is 399.99, but when selecting the Verizon option, the cart goes up to $449.99. During last week's sale, I remember the price staying at $324.99 regardless of carrier/contract option you chose. This $50 charge is keeping me from ordering the phone right now because it looks like a money grab from VZW.
    I just checked and all the 32gb carrier versions and the unlocked GSM version are $449 now. The only version that is showing at $399 is the Republic Wireless.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Moto X Pricing on Verizon

    Quote Originally Posted by mhunter6378 View Post
    I just checked and all the 32gb carrier versions and the unlocked GSM version are $449 now. The only version that is showing at $399 is the Republic Wireless.
    Yes I see that but I'm curious if that has always been their pricing , or is this something new? I've never seen an off contact phone pay a $50 penalty.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Moto X Pricing on Verizon

    Quote Originally Posted by sekots View Post
    Yes I see that but I'm curious if that has always been their pricing , or is this something new? I've never seen an off contact phone pay a $50 penalty.
    I'm not sure I understand where the penalty is. On the Verizon website the 16gb model is $399. Off contract direct through Motorola you get the 32gb model for $449, twice the memory capacity that you cannot get through Verizon for only $50 more. Motorola's pricing has moved a bit on the phone mostly for the better. They have run many sales where you can get them for less from time to time.
  5. #5  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    7,205 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,249 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Moto X Pricing on Verizon

    Quote Originally Posted by mhunter6378 View Post
    I'm not sure I understand where the penalty is. On the Verizon website the 16gb model is $399. Off contract direct through Motorola you get the 32gb model for $449, twice the memory capacity that you cannot get through Verizon for only $50 more. Motorola's pricing has moved a bit on the phone mostly for the better. They have run many sales where you can get them for less from time to time.
    Other than sales, $399 for 16 and $449 for 32 have been the prices for Verizon the entire time.

    XTNiT-1060 through spacetime.

Similar Threads

  1. Slow Torrents on Android
    By KurtMcGirtBeats in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 02:56 PM
  2. No Facebook on My Magazine????
    By bassplayrguy in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-14-2014, 12:13 AM
  3. How do you rate the exercise accuracy on the gear 2?
    By thegame161 in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 Neo
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-06-2014, 11:42 AM
  4. Verizon LG G2 Cynongen Mod 11 M6 update
    By TheBull50 in forum LG G2 Rooting, ROMs, & Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-05-2014, 08:48 PM
  5. S5 vibrates when on Pandora
    By Sandy Zeloof in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-05-2014, 12:10 PM

Posting Permissions