Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto X Pricing on Verizon

Does anyone know why the price of the Moto X, off-contract, goes up by $50 if the carrier you choose is Verizon? The 32gb phone itself is 399.99, but when selecting the Verizon option, the cart goes up to $449.99. During last week's sale, I remember the price staying at $324.99 regardless of carrier/contract option you chose. This $50 charge is keeping me from ordering the phone right now because it looks like a money grab from VZW.

Default Re: Moto X Pricing on Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by sekots View Post
    Does anyone know why the price of the Moto X, off-contract, goes up by $50 if the carrier you choose is Verizon? The 32gb phone itself is 399.99, but when selecting the Verizon option, the cart goes up to $449.99. During last week's sale, I remember the price staying at $324.99 regardless of carrier/contract option you chose. This $50 charge is keeping me from ordering the phone right now because it looks like a money grab from VZW.
    I just checked and all the 32gb carrier versions and the unlocked GSM version are $449 now. The only version that is showing at $399 is the Republic Wireless.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by mhunter6378 View Post
    I just checked and all the 32gb carrier versions and the unlocked GSM version are $449 now. The only version that is showing at $399 is the Republic Wireless.
    Yes I see that but I'm curious if that has always been their pricing , or is this something new? I've never seen an off contact phone pay a $50 penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by sekots View Post
    Yes I see that but I'm curious if that has always been their pricing , or is this something new? I've never seen an off contact phone pay a $50 penalty.
    I'm not sure I understand where the penalty is. On the Verizon website the 16gb model is $399. Off contract direct through Motorola you get the 32gb model for $449, twice the memory capacity that you cannot get through Verizon for only $50 more. Motorola's pricing has moved a bit on the phone mostly for the better. They have run many sales where you can get them for less from time to time.

Global Posts
    7,249 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by mhunter6378 View Post
    I'm not sure I understand where the penalty is. On the Verizon website the 16gb model is $399. Off contract direct through Motorola you get the 32gb model for $449, twice the memory capacity that you cannot get through Verizon for only $50 more. Motorola's pricing has moved a bit on the phone mostly for the better. They have run many sales where you can get them for less from time to time.
    Other than sales, $399 for 16 and $449 for 32 have been the prices for Verizon the entire time.

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime.