Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rocketsaucev2
  • 1 Post By Ccota08
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Action Launcher

So, I've been using Nova Prime exclusively for the past year or so and I absolutely love it. However, after reading a discussion on launchers in the GS5 subforum, I decided to look into Action Launcher. Right now I'm using the free version, but it's spiffy enough (with just the right options omitted) that it might convince me to drop the few bucks for the Pro version.

Anyone else out there switch from Nova to Action Launcher?

Default Re: Action Launcher

I made that switch back in January and haven't looked back. I think action launcher rocks. I now hate the app drawer look of more standard launchers and feel that finding apps is much easier with the list by sliding your finger on the alphabet list. The covers and shutters are unique enough to keep me interested and keep my phone 'clean' looking while having functionality not found in other launchers

-Eclipsed Moto X-
    mumfoau likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'll probably still keep Nova Prime installed, but I can definitely see myself using Action Launcher for a while. I've managed to reduce everything to one home screen, something I've been trying to accomplish with Nova for a couple of months.

I will, however, miss Nova's integration with Missed It for unread counts.
    mumfoau likes this.

I love both but have been using action for 2 months now. I bought the pro version back when this app was in the early stages. Now its great. Supposedly the developer is due to have integration of unread counts like nova. I'm on the beta channel and haven't seen it yet. Still waiting patiently

yep, i was Nova guy for a long time, made the switch to Action and have not looked back.

Yes indeed I find action Launcher has just about everything. Clean interface. Gestures for accessing the notification pull down and recent apps. Great stuff