Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Grim Ton
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default new moto x for my mom!

    I just got my mom a moto x from att today for mothers day. I am a galaxy s5 user. Any tips or tricks to make this smartphone easy for a 57 year old lady that hasn't used a smartphone or android before?!
  2. #2  

    Default Re: new moto x for my mom!

    Quote Originally Posted by manni1to View Post
    I just got my mom a moto x from att today for mothers day. I am a galaxy s5 user. Any tips or tricks to make this smartphone easy for a 57 year old lady that hasn't used a smartphone or android before?!
    I did the exact same thing, and was greeted with, "How am I supposed to text on this thing without any buttons?? I need buttons!" So.... good luck to you.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: new moto x for my mom!

    Haha! I've been giving her some tutorials. She picked this between the moto x, the HTC one mini and the galaxy s4 active. If she makes me go over my data I'm going to be livid lol
  4. #4  

    Default Re: new moto x for my mom!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Rosenthal View Post
    I did the exact same thing, and was greeted with, "How am I supposed to text on this thing without any buttons?? I need buttons!" So.... good luck to you.
    Get her a stylus. They're cheap and it will make it easier for her.
  5. #5  
    sting7k's Avatar

    Posts
    531 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.2

    Default Re: new moto x for my mom!

    Quote Originally Posted by PapaGary View Post
    Get her a stylus. They're cheap and it will make it easier for her.
    Do not get her a stylus. She needs to join 2014 and learn how to type on a touch screen. It's easier and faster than a stylus and real buttons once you learn. Do not send her back to 2001 with a stylus. My parents are both happy I forced them to learn to type on modern touch screens. For the same price as an obsolete stylus you can buy Swiftkey.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: new moto x for my mom!

    Agreed. I don't even want to try to begin to teach her how to Swype. Lok
  7. #7  

    Default Re: new moto x for my mom!

    Use the help app, theres some interactive demo's on using functions on the phone.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: new moto x for my mom!

    Quote Originally Posted by sting7k View Post
    Do not get her a stylus. She needs to join 2014 and learn how to type on a touch screen. It's easier and faster than a stylus and real buttons once you learn. Do not send her back to 2001 with a stylus. My parents are both happy I forced them to learn to type on modern touch screens. For the same price as an obsolete stylus you can buy Swiftkey.
    Not to mention a stylus for a capacitive screen isn't as precise as a stylus and a resistive touch screen from the Palm / Win Mobile days. Basically, a stylus for modern smartphones is an oil-free replacement for your finger to keep smudges off the screen.

    Sent from my Moto X

Similar Threads

  1. Best Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition?
    By ashbashbonkfan in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-28-2014, 06:41 AM
  2. Help - I just blew my phone
    By ghmacdonald in forum Sprint Galaxy S3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-15-2014, 11:55 PM
  3. FINALLY UPGRADED! How to switch my content to my new 2014 Note?
    By ashbashbonkfan in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-08-2014, 10:45 PM
  4. Cutting photos for lock screen
    By Marina Bumber in forum Wallpapers, Ringtones, and Themes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-08-2014, 05:08 PM
  5. SEN Free Content For Xperia Z2
    By cfdj1971 in forum Sony Xperia Z2
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-08-2014, 03:01 PM

Posting Permissions