Anything yet to have the phone read texts allowed when not in drive mode?

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
OK GOOGLE Now.... Read text messages or what's up...

Posted via Android Central App

Awesome. thanks. I would love a talking alert like it does in driving mode (i think that's what it does, right? tells you you have a text and asks if you want it read?), but "ok google..read text messages" is definitely nice. thanks.

bricky23

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I also wish it would ask if you want to reply. Don't understand why windows phones are the only ones with this option. You would think that android would have this by now.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

mpovolo

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I think you may have just answered one of my questions. With drive mode you can reply to the text. I was planning on asking if when you use the whats up command and it reads you the text, do you get prompted to reply. I guess the answer is no. My frustration with Google now is really sending texts, I wish it would read you what you said and give you the verbal option to say send.

I also wish it would ask if you want to reply. Don't understand why windows phones are the only ones with this option. You would think that android would have this by now.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I think you may have just answered one of my questions. With drive mode you can reply to the text. I was planning on asking if when you use the whats up command and it reads you the text, do you get prompted to reply. I guess the answer is no. My frustration with Google now is really sending texts, I wish it would read you what you said and give you the verbal option to say send.

To me, this is the big improvement that came with "voice reply" in Assist - reading back a message before sending (a reply) - so you can truly send a message with just your voice, and no fingers or eyes on the screen.

Sent from my Moto X using TapaTalk

mclaser

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
You might try My Motospeak from the play store. It has issues but can do what you ask. Not sure if you need a Motorola headset, but probably not.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12