Replace Moto X camera app with another camera?

Jeremy Pippin

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
One of my favorite Moto X layered features is the ability to launch the camera app with a twist gesture.

There does not, however, seem to be an option to select the camera app that is launched with this gesture.

If I wanted to, say, replace the Motorola camera app with the Google Camera app, is there any way to set this as the default in such a way that it would launch with the twist gesture?

Jeremy Pippin

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Bummer. Thanks for responding.

Insert 3-paragraph FWP rant about how this random edge case feature I want is the most important one and how Motorola is doing a disservice to the world by not serving my peculiar need here.

anon(8082935)

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
As a not-quite-the-same alternative, you can select the Google Camera to be the default for launching from the lock screen. I am aware that this isn't the twist gesture though.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm satisfied with using the Moto software with the twist gesture, but understand others' frustration.

Choosing a default camera app and accessing it from the lock screen is not a bad compromise, still allows pretty fast access.

The only problem is, I rarely use the full lock screen because the active notification lock screen pretty much activates every time I grab my phone.

I've got several features on my lock screen I never use because if it (swipe left for favorite contacts, left again for a calendar agenda view.)

Sent from my Moto X