Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sudden Battery Drain

Today and yesterday my Moto X has had severe battery drain and a lot of wake locks. In the picture you can at least see a steady decrease although it is steeper then usual. However there is one spot where the battery level plummets. Why has this happened the last two days?

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Sudden Battery Drain

Sorry for separating the posts

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sudden Battery Drain-1400369526130.jpg  
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I just looked at more detail and discovered it was Google Services look at how long it kept my phone awake!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sudden Battery Drain-1400369710602.jpg  

Well..google play service acted like crazy today for the 1st time but it didnt affect my battery usage.. Im still averaging 4 hrs of screen time.. But my google play keep awake is much crazier:P

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sudden Battery Drain-6759.jpg   Sudden Battery Drain-6758.jpg  
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by limitbreak09 View Post
    Well..google play service acted like crazy today for the 1st time but it didnt affect my battery usage.. Im still averaging 4 hrs of screen time.. But my google play keep awake is much crazier:P

Well today I only had like 45 minutes of screen time before the phone was dead.

Quote Originally Posted by benhaube View Post
    Well today I only had like 45 minutes of screen time before the phone was dead.

Oh wow thats crazy! But do you have everything ON tho? Like bluetooth, location, data, and gps? Bc i see in your ss you have your gps on..

But like you said your google service started to act yesterday and so does mine, so theres something that google is doing that we dont know..

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Well I keep Bluetooth and all location stuff turned off all day. It was on in the evening when I took those screen grabs because I had just got done driving.

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

Having the same problem. Google Services is waking my phone repeatedly. And now when I charge it the phone stays awake the entire time its charging so it gets really warm. At a few points throughout the day I had to take it out of my pocket just because it was too warm. I've rebooted multiple times, tried turning off Google Now. Nothing is working. I've cleared caches. This phone used to be amazing, but I think every update to anything has only made it worse.

I noticed the same issue last week. Phone was also much warmer than usual with the constant waking. I also noticed Google Play services high up on the power drain list. Before the drain was too great I did a force stop on the Play Services processes, shut the phone down for at least an hour and then did a cache partition wipe. I partly recharged with the phone still off. It still had more wakes than usual at first, but the problem gradually seemed to simmer down on its own. The last couple of days it was fine, including one day where I was on a road trip (location, data on but no navigation, not charging) and I was on the path to more than 24 hours on the charge.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Just an update. The problem with Google services being the most power consuming part of the phone next to the screen has seemed to resolve itself. Yesterday I got my usual 4 hours of screen on time, very little wake locks, and 18 hours from 100% to 1%. The same situation seems to be the case today.

It seems that for whatever reason Google Services was going nuts for many people, and I would assume that it was a problem on Google's end. As of right now my phone seems to be back to normal (knock on wood)

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

Doesn't seem to be as bad today. I see it still waking the phone today but not eating as much battery. I cleared the cache partition last night before bed and removed a few apps that weren't being used much any more.