Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AndroidBIO
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery Calibration?

So my phone over the past few weeks has been having a shorter battery life, in terms of display. It can last quite a while on 1% which I believe it's not supposed to be occurring.

So three times I've tried fully charging the phone and then using all the battery until the phone shuts down, and then re-charging it to 100%. But somehow, that does not calibrate the phone. I still see rapid battery lose throughout the day and then a long period of it being on 1%.

Is there anything else I can try?
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Battery Calibration?

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidBIO View Post
    So my phone over the past few weeks has been having a shorter battery life, in terms of display. It can last quite a while on 1% which I believe it's not supposed to be occurring.

So three times I've tried fully charging the phone and then using all the battery until the phone shuts down, and then re-charging it to 100%. But somehow, that does not calibrate the phone. I still see rapid battery lose throughout the day and then a long period of it being on 1%.

Is there anything else I can try?
    Well, try one thing go to the settings> battery and check which application is consuming most of the battery power if its the Android system or the Device screen then i think the problem lies inside the battery if its still under the warranty then get it replaced otherwise I am afraid but you need to purchase a new battery.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

SOLUTION FOUND

After digging up more information on what the problem could be, I found the culprit to be Gmail's syncing of my email. I went to the App Info and cleared both the cache and data. Then I restarted my phone.

My battery is working as good as it did before.
    Thanked by:
    srkmagnus likes this.

Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Awesome! Glad you got it figured out - thank you for popping back in and sharing with us.