Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ScottMGS
  • 1 Post By Assassin Droid
  • 1 Post By Assassin Droid
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Red face Moto X battery usage

i have been getting less than average battery life on LIGHT to MODERATE usage based on the reviews and forums i have been reading. im wondering, and yes, my "Power Saver" function is on. So, if there anything noticeably wrong with the battery drainage? Or is that just me? also as well. i DO NOT charge this phone until it is about 5% or totally dead.

I'm new to the android world, i wanted a nexus 5, but my carrier required my to change to a more expensive plan, so thankfully this was my second choice without shifting my plan. And anymore stuff that could be helpful with my new Moto X?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Moto X battery usage-screenshot_2014-05-20-21-48-51.png   Moto X battery usage-screenshot_2014-05-20-21-48-57.png   Moto X battery usage-screenshot_2014-05-20-21-49-02.png  

Default Re: Moto X battery usage

I don't see anything wrong. You went half a day and still have half a battery left.

For me battery life base on amount of time the phone is on doesn't mean anything. I use screen on time as the battery life gauge.

If you can get 4 or more hours of screen on time then the battery life is good. 5 is great. Less than 3.5 is not desirable.

sent via tapatalk

Ya 13 hours and only half down. Idk what else you could ask for from a 2200mah battery.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

oh okay. Any other tips you guys can give in terms of saving battery? like battery apps or thing i can do on my phone to save battery

It looks to me like your worst offender is something you may not be able to change. Your Mobile network signal looks to be fairly poor and the phone has to use more power to boost the signal to the towers. That said, I'll agree with the other posters that using half your power in 13 hours isn't bad.

Is there any particular reason that you don't charge until you're at 5%?
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

i heard it is better to charge your phone close to 0% or if not, when it is fully drained to maximize battery life

Quote Originally Posted by yuen101 View Post
    i heard it is better to charge your phone close to 0% or if not, when it is fully drained to maximize battery life
    That may not be a good strategy: Ask Ars: The best way to use a lithium-ion battery, redux | Ars Technica

I've heard that it should be run down once a month at most.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

thanks guys for the help

Little battery drain

Posted via Android Central App
    Assassin Droid

Global Posts
    7,724 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Modern batteries should not be allowed to her too low whenever it is avoidable. It's better to leave it topped off then to drain it too far. Going below 20% or so should be accidental and rare... Never planned and we should not think it's helping.... That's causing more damage than keeping it topped.

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime.
    gabbott likes this.

Global Posts
    24,731 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

I am inclined to agree that the poor signal is probably the biggest culprit of most of the battery drain. However, going 13 hours on 52% is not bad. Better than most phones.

From a Slim M8 and the AC Forums app.

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

hey thanks guys for the tips. i was thinking along the lines taking care a laptop battery and i thought i could apply it here. one other thing, SHOULD i get battery care apps like battery doctor or like those cleaners for my phone to clear RAM and such?
    Assassin Droid

Global Posts
    7,724 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Those apps are generally useless (there are exceptions) and Android does a better job of managing resources than micromanaging can, whether done automatically or manually.

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    24,731 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

hey thanks guys for the tips. i was thinking along the lines taking care a laptop battery and i thought i could apply it here. one other thing, SHOULD i get battery care apps like battery doctor or like those cleaners for my phone to clear RAM and such?
    Android likes keeping RAM full. I agree with Darth that battery saving apps are typically useless.

From a Slim M8 and the AC Forums app.

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

thanks for the basic help guys! so far, dam happy with this phone, if only i could find a good case/holster

Global Posts
    24,731 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

thanks for the basic help guys! so far, dam happy with this phone, if only i could find a good case/holster
    Have you tried here: ShopAndroid - #1 Store for Android Accessories

Turn off "auto sync data" when you don't need to use the phone, and possibly all data if your in front of a computer. The LTE/CDMA radio is a battery killer to begin with. Been that way for my bionic, RAZR maxx HD, mini, and soon to be X. They really should put a 4000mah battery in all these devices nowadays!

Til then I will be using note 3

Posted via Android Central App