Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 5 of 5
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hallux
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Moto X not charging when plugged into Pioneer radio system

    Hi all,

    I've just recently switched from my iphone 5 to the Moto X. Im having trouble with my new phone and my Pioneer radio. The bluetooth works just fine to play music, but i am concerned with charging my phone using the USB port in the radio. I've tried using the motorola usb cord that came with the phone, however i have had no luck with charging or playing music with the USB. Any suggestions? Is it because of the new MTP instead of mass storage option?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Moto X not charging when plugged into Pioneer radio system

    Quote Originally Posted by melissanelson110 View Post
    Hi all,

    I've just recently switched from my iphone 5 to the Moto X. Im having trouble with my new phone and my Pioneer radio. The bluetooth works just fine to play music, but i am concerned with charging my phone using the USB port in the radio. I've tried using the motorola usb cord that came with the phone, however i have had no luck with charging or playing music with the USB. Any suggestions? Is it because of the new MTP instead of mass storage option?
    Can any other devices charge from that port?

    Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Moto X not charging when plugged into Pioneer radio system

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Can any other devices charge from that port?

    Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

    Yes, my previous iPhone 5 worked fine with it.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Moto X not charging when plugged into Pioneer radio system

    What model radio? did you check the manual to see if there was mention of that only working with the iPhone? Looking at their site (specifically at a current "multimedia receiver"), they specifically mention iPod/iPhone connectivity/control and charging but in the Android section there is no mention of charging.
    Ry likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Moto X not charging when plugged into Pioneer radio system

    Quote Originally Posted by hallux View Post
    What model radio? did you check the manual to see if there was mention of that only working with the iPhone? Looking at their site (specifically at a current "multimedia receiver"), they specifically mention iPod/iPhone connectivity/control and charging but in the Android section there is no mention of charging.
    I have the DEH-X6500BT receiver, and looking through the manual there is no mention of Android. So i suppose you are right. What threw me off now looking on the pioneer site DEH-X6500BT - CD Receiver with MIXTRAX™, Bluetooth, USB Control for iPod/iPhone, and Pandora Ready | Pioneer Electronics USA it says "MIXTRAX takes the music from an iPhone, iPod, USB device, or certain Android devices and plays it back with added transitions and effects, creating a virtual DJ inside the Pioneer receiver." I guess that's kinda a tease, though there is no list where i can find supported devices. Bummer, but thanks for the response!

Similar Threads

  1. Pandora Stops when Screen Locks / Goes Off
    By AppleHatr in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-22-2016, 11:33 AM
  2. Moto 360 Design Face-Off
    By Ry in forum Moto 360
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-26-2014, 01:12 PM
  3. Moto 360: $249?
    By Ry in forum Moto 360
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-23-2014, 06:48 PM

Posting Permissions