Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
05-22-2014 01:50 AM
7 replies
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Jack33
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    yof

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Default Combine People & Call app?

Is there a 3rd party that will combine these and which will be the best choice? I can't do the seperate people and calling app. I moved from iPhone to make life easier, but to make plans cheaper on rW, I am now using a moto x. I am not biased though I am looking for a more simplified alternative. Please assist me.

Global Posts
    10,410 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 5.0.1

There is no way to merge the two. One is used as a directory for finding your contacts and the other is simply a dialer.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    yof

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Default Re: Combine People & Call app?

The HTC phones have that, but how come the moto x doesn't have a combined app? There has to be a alternative to this that takes over the stock app to make it simpler.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

I don't think you can combine the two, but doesn't phone app serve all functions of people app and visa versa?

For example, on the phone app you see on the very top the search window where you can type in the name of the contact and the phone will bring it up. If you tap on the pic icon, you will get detail info; if you just press anywhere in the contact, it calls the person.

Right below the search window is your most recent call. Below that is your favorites, which you can choose or delete by hitting the "star" icon on the lower right hand corner of the picture (and which list you can expand/delete by un/selecting contacts and turning on/off the "star" icon.

Below your favorite is the alpha list of all your contacts.

Do we need an app that combines both "phone" and "contacts"?
    UJ95x and Rocketsaucev2 like this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    yof

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Yes we do need an app that combines phone and contacts. Because I want to minimize apps, it doesn't make sense if you open up the phone app to see that you can only find the address only in the contacts. But if shows contacts why not the address or the email as well? And the auto favorite feature determine by the calls and how the phone app is set up to me is a mess and not very user friendly. Even HTC does it better in comparison.

I have both phones and got the motorola is it only the moto x that does this or all motolora android phones set up like this? I am new again just to remind and make sense of all this.

The screen is very loosely sensitive as well when I tap on the screen hovering my finger above the screen and it taps on someone to call, it really is bothersome. Is there any confirm to call option? Do you guys experience that not just with the app but overall on the phone?

Off topic question - The Player Card Quick shortcut toggles for brightness settings etc etc. What is that called? And is there anyway to display it on the main notification drop down without an extra click? And in another "horizontal theme" than a tile theme? What will I need to do in order to change that?

But in the end I am still looking for an alternate option. If there is no app for that what are some possible solutions (other than getting another phone)?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    yof

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

I found a replacement for the message and phone app.

Funny it looks like an iPhone but still very sleek enough. Called Espier Dialer 7 Pro & Messaging 7.

It brings the People & Calling app into one for the Espier one. And a better looking messaging sms app for Messaging 7 than stock.

Global Posts
    10,410 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 5.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by yof View Post
    I found a replacement for the message and phone app.

Funny it looks like an iPhone but still very sleek enough. Called Espier Dialer 7 Pro & Messaging 7.

It brings the People & Calling app into one for the Espier one. And a better looking messaging sms app for Messaging 7 than stock.
    Espier has an iOS 7 launcher and lockscreen app. Not surprised their phone app is the same theme.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    yof

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Looking for more dialer apps that can do the same but less glitchy on the contacts' address part.

Question, does anyone know how to use Google Now to communicate and navigate with the contacts address by name and not by address?