WiFi Stuck Off

physicsdude56

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm having problems with the WiFi on my Moto X running android 4.4.2 being stuck off. When I try to turn it on, the toggle switch will sit on the "on" option for a few seconds, but grayed out like it's trying to load something, then it will switch back to "off". Not only that, but I can always tell when the WiFi isn't going to work because no WiFi settings appear (see first two attached images), whereas normally I get a couple of options like "Allow apps to search for wifi?" (That's not exactly right, I just can't remember what it is and can't look right now because my WiFi is currently experiencing this problem).

After playing with it for a while yesterday, I realized that if I turn my phone off and on again several times, it appears to eventually fix the problem. I've tried safe mode, which usually makes the WiFi work, but not every time. Once it's working again, it works fine until the phone randomly shuts down and restarts. Once its restarted the WiFi is down.

I spent quite a bit of time yesterday looking around for solutions, and I did a factory reset last night with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-22-07-08-58.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-22-07-08-58.png
    37 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_2014-05-22-07-09-02.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-22-07-09-02.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_2014-05-22-07-09-11.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-22-07-09-11.png
    110.9 KB · Views: 15

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm having problems with the WiFi on my Moto X running android 4.4.2 being stuck off. When I try to turn it on, the toggle switch will sit on the "on" option for a few seconds, but grayed out like it's trying to load something, then it will switch back to "off". Not only that, but I can always tell when the WiFi isn't going to work because no WiFi settings appear (see first two attached images), whereas normally I get a couple of options like "Allow apps to search for wifi?" (That's not exactly right, I just can't remember what it is and can't look right now because my WiFi is currently experiencing this problem).

After playing with it for a while yesterday, I realized that if I turn my phone off and on again several times, it appears to eventually fix the problem. I've tried safe mode, which usually makes the WiFi work, but not every time. Once it's working again, it works fine until the phone randomly shuts down and restarts. Once its restarted the WiFi is down.

I spent quite a bit of time yesterday looking around for solutions, and I did a factory reset last night with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you tried restarting your device ? Try restarting your device and if still that doesn't help you then I would say you've got no other option than Factory Resetting your device.

physicsdude56

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried restarting your device ? Try restarting your device and if still that doesn't help you then I would say you've got no other option than Factory Resetting your device.

Did you even read my full question? As I already stated, I've tried both of those things and neither worked.

physicsdude56

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes I have read your full question you haven't said that you have tried the factory resetting your device ? I think you should get a check up of your eyes..... :p

Sandesh Wagle1

May 13, 2014
Visit site
hey I m using color xfactor mini.
when I try to open wifi it wait for some time and error will occur.I cannot able to reset my phone when I try to reset opening screen will appear. it won't open.plz help me.
thank u

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site

By "device' are you referring to a wireless router?

hey I m using color xfactor mini.
when I try to open wifi it wait for some time and error will occur.I cannot able to reset my phone when I try to reset opening screen will appear. it won't open.plz help me.
thank u
It's impolite to hijack a thread like this. Please start your own thread.

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
If you have tried a "factory data reset" already, I would suggest contacting Motorola. You can start a chat with them online. They have been super helpful for me. If you haven't done the FDR, settings>backup & reset, I'm sure they will suggest this first, so I would get that out of the way. It will erase everything, but it usually fixes most problems. Good luck. They have been really good about replacing faulty devices quickly.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech