Location Settings

kalo88

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

Just picked up a Moto X and wondering what you all have location settings on?

For Motorola Assist (Drive), Remote locking etc it asks for it to be always set to 'High Accuracy', do you find this burns through the battery and have you set it to something else?

I normally have mine set to Battery Saving on other phones as never had these sort of functions.

C0deM0nkey

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
High Accuracy was my choice. I've never seen location as a major drain and in most scenarios if you need a location it needs to be accurate.

kalo88

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
High Accuracy was my choice. I've never seen location as a major drain and in most scenarios if you need a location it needs to be accurate.

I was just concerned as I read that google services request your location quite often and it'd be flipping GPS on and off all day long etc! I guess i can try it for a few days with it on and see what it's like, if I find it's bad I can always just switch it off and forgo a feature or two!

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I use Device Only for peace of mind in the battery department. The more apps set to poll your location, the more wakelocks you'll have with GPS polling. If Google Services is going to act up, it'll definitely do it with High Accuracy enabled. My battery life got nailed in Mexico with it (and due to a couple other things).

Posted via Android Central App

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I have everything turned on (including location history), and usually have ~50% battery left after 12 or so hours.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snowhand