Moto X suddenly won't focus for close images

chriscic

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Had my Moto X about a month (bought it used). The camera worked perfectly for the first three weeks or so, but now it won't focus for close images. I use Myfitnesspal to scan in food items, and it worked just fine at first, but now it just won't focus well enough to scan. Ditto for online banking app and trying to take photos of checks for deposit.

Pictures and video at normal distance still look great.

Anyone else have this issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it the Google Camera app? Not having a Moto X, I don't know if it's a proprietary Moto camera app or the Google app. If it's the Google one, is it fully updated?

chriscic

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
The Moto camera app. But I just downloaded the Google Camera app and same thing. And as I mentioned both Myfitness pal and banking apps are affected. So it's either hardware or a low-level software glitch. Thanks.

Update: I factory reset the phone, but the problem persists. Really strange to me that it worked fine for a few weeks and then suddenly a problem : (

Update 2: Looks like it's covered under warranty! Great service there, really easy to request replacement via Moto's website.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair