How Is The Moto X Stacking Up?

stepaul8

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have an HTC One M7 right now and I am thinking of getting rid of it. Lately, I haven't been enjoying the phone as much as I should have. The battery has been draining a ton and the camera isn't what I want it to be. I was thinking of phones I could get that would fit what I want: clean, crisp, simple, and small (relatively) with a good camera and battery life. I didn't want to get an S5 and I was thinking about the M8 but I would just be getting a larger phone with the same camera. I remembered everyone was going crazy about the Moto X and now I am seriously considering it. I am not tech-savy, but I remember that this phone was originally a google phone until google sold it. Does it still get updated to the latest android? Also, do you think it fits my needs?

Thanks!

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
You might not be too happy with the camera. It is avg but in good hands the pictures can look very good. I love the battery life but in direct sunlight it is hard to see even on full bright but not many do that well either. I still wouldn't trade my Moto X for any other phone currently available.

grenefroggie

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Currently I have the N5, mainly because the Moto X screen was a smidge too small.

What I miss from the Moto X? Active notifications. I miss it along with "OK Google Now".

It is a smooth phone with great battery life. Active notifications is very intuitive and easy to use. I found myself using voice searches a lot more than normal. I still use mine around the house for Plex and various other things.

The camera is a bit of a drag. Photos are not super important to me, so that was not a deal breaker.

nessinhaw

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
well, i think the Moto X is perfect then!

the size is just ideal for using the phone with one hand and the grip is really comfortable! the screen has great definition and amazing contrast/punchy colors, just what you'd expect from an AMOLED display!

since it has Android stock and very few (but useful) modifications/apps from Motorola, you can say it is simple, fast, fluid, smooth! and Active Display really makes life a lot easier, you can simply see your notifications w/o even turning the screen on and choose to go to the app or unlock the screen! Touchless Control, same thing, life a lot easier! just "ok google now" with the screen off or on, at anytime! and as a bonus, the cool twist-wrist action to activate the camera even with the screen off!

battery life i think is really good, my average time on moderate use is around 20h-1d with 4-5h of screen

for anyone who wants a more compact phone, without sacrificing too much screen size, which is fast and fluid, i'll always recommed the Moto X!

oldDummy

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Have had my Moto X for about 6 months now. Still like it.
I'm not a heavy user, battery lasts all day single digits come morning.
My wife, who doesn't use data/wi-fi hardly at all, her's lasts ~5 days.
In daylight camera is great. needs good light to do it's job.
nighttime shots are a challenge, guess that's true for all phones.
Utilizing ATT towers signal has been exceptional.
Think reception is among the best.
Been using active notifications and would not like to give it up.
Pretty much a perfect size, good hand feel.
All and all it is a well designed, thought out phone.
So after 6 months usage, I'll give it a thumbs up.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I've had my Moto X for about 2 months now, and I have to say it's the best phone I have ever used. I switched from a Galaxy S4 and I was very disappointed with that phone. The Galaxy was the first venture back to Android for me since the original Droid from Motorola, and I have to say Google's stock interface is better than any OEM's UI. I will NEVER go back to ios, but you won't ever find another Android device in my hands that does not have vanilla Android.

The few modifications Motorola made to Android are very useful. I don't know now what using a phone without Active Display. I especially like that they did nothing to the Android UI!

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Moto X for about 2 months now, and I have to say it's the best phone I have ever used. I switched from a Galaxy S4 and I was very disappointed with that phone. The Galaxy was the first venture back to Android for me since the original Droid from Motorola, and I have to say Google's stock interface is better than any OEM's UI. I will NEVER go back to ios, but you won't ever find another Android device in my hands that does not have vanilla Android.

The few modifications Motorola made to Android are very useful. I don't know now what using a phone without Active Display. I especially like that they did nothing to the Android UI!

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Is very interesting what everyone says the same thing that the Galaxy s4 and s5 including TouchWiz is laggy moto x is awesome and fast, fluids, everything you expect it to be... I've had mine for a few months still love it

Posted via Android Central App

scottfish

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I also came from an M7 to the Moto X. I was amazed at how well this "lower spec" phone performed.

Battery life is solid. Screen is good. Camera is good.

As long as the x+1 is not a huge jump in size, I will probably be a day one purchaser of that phone next.

My only gripe is the blue wearing off my buttons a bit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz