Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google play music transferred over 38GB background data over wifi in less then a month

Has anybody else run into this and have a solution?
    I'm subscribed to Google Play music. I have not used it at all this past month and it has transferred over 38GB over wifi.
    Luckily I have background data restricted to wifi. I still can't figure out why it would be transferring so much data when I'm not even starting the app or using the app at all. Oddly, it seems to be increasing over time. I haven't done anything on any of my other devices (laptop and tablet) either using google music.
    Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?
    Thanks,
    -Jon
    Google play music transferred over 38GB background data over wifi in less then a month-screenshot_2014-05-28-10-30-40.png
    Google play music transferred over 38GB background data over wifi in less then a month-screenshot_2014-05-28-11-43-11.png

Default Re: Google play music transferred over 38GB background data over wifi in less then a month

I've never had this happen to me so I'm just guessing. Maybe you have automatically cache turned on and it's being over active?

Default Re: Google play music transferred over 38GB background data over wifi in less then a month

Try to clear cache and app data.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Is it possible it's syncing local music files to the cloud?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by megatomic View Post
    Is it possible it's syncing local music files to the cloud?
    I don't think it is sync'ing my local music on the phone because it show's I have 0 songs uploaded out of the 20,000 I'm allowed when I look at my account from a pc. I don't see any options to upload or sync from the google play music app.

I just turned cache off and cleared the cache in the app. I'll see if that helps.