Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Active display acting up

Just got a new Moto X as a warranty replacement from Motorola. The Active display is sometimes missing parts of the number on the time, or part of the notification. Sometimes the time is blank, just a lock sign, and sometimes it looks right.

I unlock it and everything is fine. Rebooting the phone works for a while, and then starts to happen again.

Any ideas? Anyone else see this?

Global Posts
    22,240 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Active display acting up

To clarify, it's not like they are dropped pixels, but actual parts of the active display are missing?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

I saw that this winter when the phone was cold from being in an outside pocket of my jacket. Needless to say, when it's cold out my phone will be going in a pants pocket when I remember to do so.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    To clarify, it's not like they are dropped pixels, but actual parts of the active display are missing?
    All sorts of things. If it is 5:20, the bottom have of the 5 will be missing. I'll unlock it and lock it. Pick it up again, and the full 5:20will be displayed. Another time it was 5:10, and the 5 and 0 were correct, but the 1 would have the bottom part of a 1 and the top of a 4. Another time, there was no time. Another time, it was 5:10 and about 4 rows of pixels were missing at the bottom of the zero. About 60% of the time, it is perfectly fine. So, I'm kind of at a loss. I guess by lack of replies, this is not a common problem?

Global Posts
    22,240 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
    All sorts of things. If it is 5:20, the bottom have of the 5 will be missing. I'll unlock it and lock it. Pick it up again, and the full 5:20will be displayed. Another time it was 5:10, and the 5 and 0 were correct, but the 1 would have the bottom part of a 1 and the top of a 4. Another time, there was no time. Another time, it was 5:10 and about 4 rows of pixels were missing at the bottom of the zero. About 60% of the time, it is perfectly fine. So, I'm kind of at a loss. I guess by lack of replies, this is not a common problem?
    I will admit, this is the first I have heard about it. I know you said it's new, but because of this I am curious if it was a refurbished device. Nevertheless, I would contact Motorola, and let them know.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I guess it's a hardware issue. I chatted with Motorola support and they pretty quickly decided to just send a replacement.

Global Posts
    22,240 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
    I guess it's a hardware issue. I chatted with Motorola support and they pretty quickly decided to just send a replacement.
    Well, at least there was no hassle about a replacement. Let us know how the next one goes.

Signed, XenonRom, Nexus 5 and AC Forums App

Phone Timeline