moto x camera is great compared to the LG G2

mrones

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Wife just changed from IPhone to LG G2..besides the messed up UI, I was shocked to see how poor her photos came out..we compared similar pictures taken by both phones and each time the moto x was head and shoulders better.. on top of that after 2 weeks the knock on feature stopped working as and she has to use the back bottom to turn on the phone which is a pain..I wonder if anyone else had the same experience

Posted via Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
You should post comparisons.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

May 13, 2014
Visit site
surprising since the moto x is know to have just a meh camera. Still surprised how amazing the Windows Lumia 928 handles low light (maybe the best in the market outside the lumia line). And thats a cheap phone as well.

mrones

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I am telling you I was stunned as well..I assumed the G2 camera would be so much better as the screen on the G2 is much better..but the camera under performed under all conditions..also the G2 camera has so many extra features and modes which makes the camera almost useless in my eye. MOTO X skin is also much more user friendly

reeper55

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I owned a G2 for about 6 months before I switched to Republic Wireless and got a Moto X. From my experience, the camera on the G2 was VASTLY superior, there may be something wrong with your wife's G2. Most all camera comparisons done over the last year have sung the G2's praises, even beating the Samsungs.
I absolutely love my Moto X, but i miss the G2 camera and screen!

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
The moto X camera today is not the same as it was months ago. It's come a long way. My girls S4 walked circles around my X. Now hers will hardly ever give a photo of my X's quality. Especially in low light. 4.4.2 software update put it close to iPhone 5s in most cases to the untrained eye

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
The moto X camera today is not the same as it was months ago. It's come a long way. My girls S4 walked circles around my X. Now hers will hardly ever give a photo of my X's quality. Especially in low light. 4.4.2 software update put it close to iPhone 5s in most cases to the untrained eye

I'm sorry but I just have to respectfully disagree with what you are saying. It is just plain not accurate at all.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

Not mine. :( (outdoors, yes, inside, not so much).

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I just did a comparison of my moto x vs my wife's S4 the other day at the park. The S4 consistently produced finer detail, richer and more accurate colors and better exposure. My moto x did fine, but in bright sunlight colors were not as vibrant and most of the shots turned out overexposed. I find it hard to believe that the g2 or S4 produced worse results that the x. I love my x and would not trade it for any phone but the camera is just not as good as some of the other flagships out there.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
I just did a comparison of my moto x vs my wife's S4 the other day at the park. The S4 consistently produced finer detail, richer and more accurate colors and better exposure. My moto x did fine, but in bright sunlight colors were not as vibrant and most of the shots turned out overexposed. I find it hard to believe that the g2 or S4 produced worse results that the x. I love my x and would not trade it for any phone but the camera is just not as good as some of the other flagships out there.

Could not have said it better myself.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
For me the Moto X camera is fine. I came from a Galaxy S4, and with my use the quality difference is miniscule at best. I'm not a photographer. I take the occasional picture to capture a moment I would like to remember. The Moto X does that perfectly

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

kalo88

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I've had both phones and the g2 camera blows the moto x out the water I'm afraid

ttfn92

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

I agree. Mine was terrible when I first got it but I have no complaints now. I did test pics when I was at Disneyland to see what I would get on rides and of the night shows. I thought they were good. I took a pic of the castle at night with my X and also with my husband's iPhone 5s and mine actually came out better. Here's World of Color.

Attachments

• IMG_20140403_215127003.jpg
    IMG_20140403_215127003.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 180

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Somethings not right there...my wife also has a G2 and it dominates my X camera-wise. The photos taken on the G2 are stunning. It's well known that the G2 has one of the best cameras in the industry. Your wife's is defective...return it.

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site

I totally disagree.

I came from an iPhone 5 and when I look at my photos from the two devices, the iPhone photos were much better. I imagine the 5s even more so. That said, I love the Moto X. The picture though too notch are good enough usually.

Sent from my Moto X...

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had an issue with the camera on the moto x. Pictures look fine. Had the G2 before and they looked fine there too. The Moto is by far a better phone.