Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone else had persistent voice control desensitivity?

My touchless control has been hard of hearing ever since kit Kat and has never been the same since. I have to be much closer and say my hot words not only more clearly but practically have to say them even the tone as when I recorded it. What up?maybe it wasn't KitKat, but was about that time. I have rerecorded several times.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Anyone else had persistent voice control desensitivity?

Quote Originally Posted by paisley99 View Post
    My touchless control has been hard of hearing ever since kit Kat and has never been the same since. I have to be much closer and say my hot words not only more clearly but practically have to say them even the tone as when I recorded it. What up?maybe it wasn't KitKat, but was about that time. I have rerecorded several times.

I have noticed no degradation of Touchless Control with all of the updates so far .
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    I have noticed no degradation of Touchless Control with all of the updates so far .
    I know pretty much everyone's is fine. Wonder if my internals are bad. bummed. Tc was one of my favorite features.

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts

I know pretty much everyone's is fine. Wonder if my internals are bad. bummed. Tc was one of my favorite features.

I'm having the same issue it appears I have to be <5 feet from my phone to hear me. Very annoying especially because I use the "Find my phone" feature 24/7

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

I have the same problem. sometimes it works other times I have to say ok google now 5 or 6 times. Thought about retraining it to see if that helps

Paisley likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I have the same problem. sometimes it works other times I have to say ok google now 5 or 6 times. Thought about retraining it to see if that helps
    Let me know how that goes.

Gosh, looks like there's def. a few of us. grrr. Wonder what it could be.
    carter17 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by carter17 View Post

I did this and it did help me out. I am glad I am not alone on this one.

Let me know how that goes.

Gosh, looks like there's def. a few of us. grrr. Wonder what it could be.
    I retrained it and it's working normal again. I wonder if it's just something that we will have to do once a month or so.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by carter17 View Post
    I retrained it and it's working normal again. I wonder if it's just something that we will have to do once a month or so.

oh man, retrained mine at least 3 times, hasn't gotten better. oh well, at least the phone is still small and has active notifications. *sigh*

oh man, retrained mine at least 3 times, hasn't gotten better. oh well, at least the phone is still small and has active notifications. *sigh*

Before you train your phone try saying okay Google now 4or5 times then open the app and repeat it again in your normal assertive talking voice. I found this to be very helpful when I trained my phone. Many times I would train it in a softer voice then speak to it with a more assertive voice being it doesn't work half the time! I then decided to train it with the assertive voice and guess what it started working beautifully! Try this I hope it works!

It's hardware. Call them and they will send you redemption code to design you brand new phone. Mine was too sensitive and the replacement is perfectly fine.

VZW Moto X

Clean the lint from your microphone. That small hole collects so much dust and debris that it could be affecting sensitivity.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by mjdeder1 View Post
    Before you train your phone try saying okay Google now 4or5 times then open the app and repeat it again in your normal assertive talking voice. I found this to be very helpful when I trained my phone. Many times I would train it in a softer voice then speak to it with a more assertive voice being it doesn't work half the time! I then decided to train it with the assertive voice and guess what it started working beautifully! Try this I hope it works!
    drat, tried it, didn't fix. thanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by udazavlanje View Post
    It's hardware. Call them and they will send you redemption code to design you brand new phone. Mine was too sensitive and the replacement is perfectly fine.

VZW Moto X
    I wish i knew someone with a moto in person so i could just be sure it's not just how it is now. lol. Cuz it really was one of my fave things about the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradocks View Post
    Clean the lint from your microphone. That small hole collects so much dust and debris that it could be affecting sensitivity.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    How would i safely do that? There's def. nothing right at the surface.

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

Is it perfectly quiet? Mine will have issues when it's streaming audio to BT receiver or connected to my headset. I assume it's a firmware thing, or my headset just sucking at life. Road noise definitely throws mine off.

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by KWKSLVR View Post
    Is it perfectly quiet? Mine will have issues when it's streaming audio to BT receiver or connected to my headset. I assume it's a firmware thing, or my headset just sucking at life. Road noise definitely throws mine off.

Yup. In my bedroom perfectly quiet, no streaming and no BT. Asked it for the weather today. Nothing doing until i went within 1 foot of it and said loudly and almost exaggeratedly-clearly "Ok Google now", and THEN it responded. I used to be able to have it on my bed and be 4 feet away and it would answer me no problem, say it normally and it would repond. . boooooo.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

I too am having issues. Sometimes it's fine and others I have to try multiple times at close distances.