Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By realitydigg
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default shooting a video

i doubt im the only one with this issue and i hope someone can assist...

when i shoot a video with the phone, transfer it to a computer, it plays sideways. WHY? i tried diff media apps and they all play it sideways. i tried vlc to see if i can rotate it but i wasnt able to understand how to do it and it was only for vlc, wasnt able to permanently rotate it 90

anyone else encounter this? or fix this?

im trying to avoid using a video editing software bc im not making a movie, i just want simple vid shoots to play.

Default Re: shooting a video

make sure your phone is horizontal before hitting the record button

weksa likes this.

Vertical video is the devil.

The problem is you're most likely holding your phone the wrong way while recording.

I just don't understand vertical video. People...every screen for your entire life has been either 4:3 or a form of 16:9. Why is everyone effing holding their phones vertically?

Apple and Google and Microsoft should make it so the camera just won't record video vertically. Save us all.

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

makes sense. didnt occur to me to hold it that way (only bc i assumed if i held it vertically, the end result will still be the opposite lol) i just tried it out and it worked. i hate simple solutions to no brainers

Quote Originally Posted by Stang68 View Post
    People...every screen for your entire life has been either 4:3 or a form of 16:9. Why is everyone effing holding their phones vertically?
    While I agree with you re: vertical video the answer to your question is, to paraphrase you, that every phone for your entire life has been vertical which is why everyone effing holds their phones vertically.

One solution would be for the phone manufacturers to turn the sensor 90 degrees so that we can hold our phones vertically while taking horizontal photos and videos. But that would bug people, too.