Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto X Android version 4.2.2 system update continues for 3+ weeks....how to get it to stop??

I have a Moto X with Android Version 4.2.2//4G, and under the "About Phone" , "System Updates"
    section, the following message has been stuck without changing for the last three-plus
    weeks, even through multiple power-downs, battery re-charges, and power-ups: "An update is currently
    being downloaded. You will be notified when download finishes." How do I interrupt it and start it over
    in a way so the update completes? I bought the phone on Swappa.com, where it was advertised as being
    rooted, but the RootValidator app I just downloaded from Play Store states my device does not seem to be
    rooted. I just configured this device to not auto-update apps, but this had no effect.

Jeff in Colorado

Default Re: Moto X Android version 4.2.2 system update continues for 3+ weeks....how to get it to stop??

Welcome to Android Central! Try clearing the system cache partition, rebooting, and then trying the update again. https://motorola-global-portal.custh...he/action/auth