- 1 Posts
Moto X Android version 4.2.2 system update continues for 3+ weeks....how to get it to stop??
I have a Moto X with Android Version 4.2.2//4G, and under the "About Phone" , "System Updates"
section, the following message has been stuck without changing for the last three-plus
weeks, even through multiple power-downs, battery re-charges, and power-ups: "An update is currently
being downloaded. You will be notified when download finishes." How do I interrupt it and start it over
in a way so the update completes? I bought the phone on Swappa.com, where it was advertised as being
rooted, but the RootValidator app I just downloaded from Play Store states my device does not seem to be
rooted. I just configured this device to not auto-update apps, but this had no effect.
Jeff in Colorado
- 06-05-2014, 02:00 AM #2
Re: Moto X Android version 4.2.2 system update continues for 3+ weeks....how to get it to stop??
Welcome to Android Central! Try clearing the system cache partition, rebooting, and then trying the update again. https://motorola-global-portal.custh...he/action/auth
- By Anurag Joseph in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 3Last Post: 08-15-2016, 07:55 PM
- By CarrierPigeon in forum Moto G (2013)Replies: 5Last Post: 01-10-2015, 12:02 AM
- By savini72 in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 1Last Post: 06-05-2014, 11:11 PM
- By bembol in forum Moto G (2013)Replies: 2Last Post: 06-05-2014, 08:02 AM
- By Adam Theune in forum Google Play edition HTC One M8Replies: 0Last Post: 06-05-2014, 12:57 AM