Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By STARGATE
  • 1 Post By rrudeboy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question new'ish..

not exactly new, more like back. very long time iPhone users.. briefly ventured for 3 months to a HTC One X (about 2 years ago..) could not tolerate the battery runtime.

went back to iPhone.. currently have a 5s, and frankly i got bored, after seeing iOS 8 i wasn't too impressed (must add i work for Apple ;}

bought a HTC One S a few weeks ago.. yeah it's nice but i wanted a little more hi-end so today i picked up a Moto X. a lot to figure out, which is find i like to "tinker" :}

first thing, i know they are 2 different services i was hoping to find a way to have iCloud and Gmail contacts to be "in sync", just so my iPad and other Apple devices are current, and sync the Moto X with Gmail.

this looks interesting, it's not that i absolutely need real time syncing and everything has to be current. http://wateree.net/syncman/
    Last edited by rrudeboy; 06-05-2014 at 01:37 AM. Reason: added.

Global Posts
    19,859 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: new'ish..

Welcome back to Android. I think you will enjoy the X. Wonderful device, I love mine and will keep it until it dies, and bury it with full Android Honors!

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Why not add your gmail account onto your iPad and set it to only sync contacts? this works for me with my iOS devices. I don't used iCloud, so don't know if this solution would sync your contacts back to iCloud, or if they just stay in the Gmail account

Also having not used iCloud, I don't know if there is a way to export your contacts to a CSV and import them into google/gmail. Or what the best way to sync them would be.
    My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

Global Posts
    5,977 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Welcome back to Android!

I also agree with Mark because I use the same setting.

As Golfdriver said, moto X is a great device.
    Enjoy!

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome back to Android. I think you will enjoy the X. Wonderful device, I love mine and will keep it until it dies, and bury it with full Android Honors!
    so far definitely enjoying it.. monitoring the runtime of the battery, i try not to ;}
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
    Why not add your gmail account onto your iPad and set it to only sync contacts? this works for me with my iOS devices. I don't used iCloud, so don't know if this solution would sync your contacts back to iCloud, or if they just stay in the Gmail account
    i also have Gmail and it's setup.. perhaps i'll look in to the combo of Gmail and Me.com.. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
    Also having not used iCloud, I don't know if there is a way to export your contacts to a CSV and import them into google/gmail. Or what the best way to sync them would be.
    pretty sure we can export to CSV and sync that, good plan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    Welcome back to Android!

I also agree with Mark because I use the same setting.

As Golfdriver said, moto X is a great device.
    Enjoy!

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    thanks to you as well... (if i forgot thanks in previous posts, oops.. you 2 are thanked as well)
    STARGATE likes this.