bney0215

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I was golfing with a friend yesterday (I have a Moto X, he has a Samsung GS3, both on Verizon if it matters), and we were both using the same golf app to determine yardage distance to the pin. His phone seemed to be very accurate while mine for some reason would consistently show distances of 6000+ yards away. I have never had an issue using other apps that require GPS, does anyone know, or has anyone seen, anything like this for the Moto X?

Thanks

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Your location settings: cell, gps, or both? I generally use GPS, cell does it based on triangulation with area cell towers and is far from accurate.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Mine always seems to be super accurate. I don't use a golf app, but everytime I need to send my location to somebody, it is accurate to within a few feet. In fact right now I just checked my location on Google Maps and it shows me standing on the dock at the lake where I am. That is pretty impressive.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App

bney0215

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
For location settings, I have it set to "High Accuracy". I have never had an issue with GPS / location tracking before, so maybe this was just a fluke.. What is a good app for sending my location to someone? I can test it that way..

Thanks for the replies.

-Brian

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
For location settings, I have it set to "High Accuracy". I have never had an issue with GPS / location tracking before, so maybe this was just a fluke.. What is a good app for sending my location to someone? I can test it that way..

Thanks for the replies.

-Brian

I just use Hangouts to share my location, its quick & easy. You can also just launch Google Maps to see your location. Zoom in as far as you can. Use the satellite view too.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
The Moto X has been very accurate for me, both for road navigation and for activity tracking.

This might help. On my HTC Rezound, my location would jump several hundred feet away causing zig-zags on my running/cycling maps and inaccurate mileage. Using an app called GPS Status, the Tools in the Menu has an option to Reset the A-GPS Cache. Doing this made my Rezound much more accurate. Definitely worth a try.

Sent from my Moto X

dyastrab

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
You can drop a pin in Google Maps and then share the location through the Share button. My GPS has been super accurate through. Hopefully, this was just a fluke for you.

Thanks for the replies.

-Brian

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I play Ingress and the GPS has been very accurate.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)