- 18 Posts
Use voice reply/moto assist (read aloud) with Hangouts (instance message) instead of hangouts SMS?
Is this possible? It will read aloud texts (within hangouts) and let me reply via text (again within hangouts as it is my default), but I'd like to do the same for all of the people who I "direct message" within hangouts. I don't really ever sms anyone anymore, I'm mostly using their google name and sending "gchat" them instead.
Anyone know if I can or how take advantage of voice reply/read aloud features?
It seems strange I would lose these features.
- 06-10-2014, 01:22 PM #2
Re: Use voice reply/moto assist (read aloud) with Hangouts (instance message) instead of hangouts SM
I am not sure if the Driving Assist works with "gchat" hangouts, I have only used it for SMS. I'll pay attention next time and see if mine works...
On another note, has anyone noticed that after an update a few weeks ago, Assist will read your text, and then prompt you for a reply via voice texting? Previously, Assist would just send a pre-made message (i.e. "i'm driving and will get back to you"). Now, every time I say "send text", instead of sending the pre-made reply, it makes me voice-dictate a custom response. I didn't see an option to change anything in the assist app.
- By jnyvio in forum LG G FlexReplies: 4Last Post: 08-02-2014, 11:46 PM
- By Anjirutaru in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 06-10-2014, 04:25 PM
- By EmmieAnne in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 5Last Post: 06-10-2014, 08:05 AM
- By tomadamsphoto in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 2Last Post: 06-08-2014, 04:14 PM
- By licenced in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 0Last Post: 06-08-2014, 02:54 PM