Is the Moto X still a good buy?

C0deM0nkey

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Bought mine in Feb. Bought my girlfriend one in April to replace her iPhone 4s. It's still the best sized handset on the market IMHO.

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Love these threads; my wife is about to pull the trigger on one and I came here looking for just this question lol. My N5 is a tiny bit too big and the X fits her hand better. Her biggest issue is storage on her One VX; HTC split the available onboard into two buckets for some reason and have made it impossible to switch apps to a different bucket resulting in space not available issues. She's not that demanding on the hardware and wants to keep it a long time; the VX performs great and I hear no complaints from that end, so I was thinking the X would be a good choice for her. Since it's mostly stock it's not much of a learning curve as she has a N7 2013...

wmdunn

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Love these threads; my wife is about to pull the trigger on one and I came here looking for just this question lol. My N5 is a tiny bit too big and the X fits her hand better. Her biggest issue is storage on her One VX; HTC split the available onboard into two buckets for some reason and have made it impossible to switch apps to a different bucket resulting in space not available issues. She's not that demanding on the hardware and wants to keep it a long time; the VX performs great and I hear no complaints from that end, so I was thinking the X would be a good choice for her. Since it's mostly stock it's not much of a learning curve as she has a N7 2013...

The X would be a great choice! My wife loves her Moto X (1053) ... fits her hand very nicely.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The only time my Moto X "feels" slow is if I'm comparing benchmarks to a newer device. Other than that, in day-to-day tasks, the phone doesn't lag, doesn't stutter.

jeremy davenport

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
everyone in this thread is typing what I preach its just a phone that works I was unlucky enough to have issues like the camara lens getting foggy because of some spacer between camara its on the forums somewhere and my rear casing cracked.. they are sending me another just the bad things is I live in a high humid area if they try to say it was water damaged. im going to be mad but phone works 100% of the time and its battery is amazing!

KDogg241

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
everyone in this thread is typing what I preach its just a phone that works I was unlucky enough to have issues like the camara lens getting foggy because of some spacer between camara its on the forums somewhere and my rear casing cracked.. they are sending me another just the bad things is I live in a high humid area if they try to say it was water damaged. im going to be mad but phone works 100% of the time and its battery is amazing!

I think Moto is giving everyone a free "accident" replacement no questions asked at this point even if they think it's something you did.

Posted via Android Central App

jeremy davenport

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I think Moto is giving everyone a free "accident" replacement no questions asked at this point even if they think it's something you did.

I wonder why maybe because of the issues? anyways its been the best phone I ever had first phone that didn't have dust underscreen

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The only time my Moto X "feels" slow is if I'm comparing benchmarks to a newer device. Other than that, in day-to-day tasks, the phone doesn't lag, doesn't stutter.

I wonder if that'll be the case in two years. Just thinking out loud so to speak. She's gonna want to stick with it for awhile. But the fact she hasn't complained about performance in her mid-range 2012 Sense 4 phone makes me think it'll work. Especially since we'll buy unlocked and be free of carrier stink.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if that'll be the case in two years. Just thinking out loud so to speak. She's gonna want to stick with it for awhile. But the fact she hasn't complained about performance in her mid-range 2012 Sense 4 phone makes me think it'll work. Especially since we'll buy unlocked and be free of carrier stink.

I'm almost nine months into my time with the Moto X. Unlike all other Android devices I've had, this phone is showing no signs of slowing down.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I just bought my third Moto X. This time I picked up a 32gb walnut Moto X on Swappa for a price that I just could not pass up. I have a non customized 16gb Moto X that I will pass off to one of my kids. I have a Note 3, but I still use my Moto X when I don't want to have to deal with the size of the Note 3. I always miss the active notifications when I switch back to the note. The Moto X is certainly one of, if not the best, deal out there. I have been using one off and on since fall and I have never experience even a little stutter or lag. Just a great phone in pretty much every way. The camera is not great, but it is no where near as bad as some people make it sound. I am just hoping that they don't mess with size too much on the next one. It is the perfect size if you ask me.

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
haven't dug up many rumors; just that September looks likely and (of course) a bigger screen because apparently it's illegal to keep the same screen size....

The more my wife holds my N5 the more she leans toward the X...It's $50 more for the 32 gb but...comfort matters. If you misjudge it you're reminded of it every time you pick it up (I know from experience).

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I think this phone is a good buy still. Had the m8 and hated the size (mostly the length) and repurchased a moto x. Fell back in love with it all over again.

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
She took the plunge, ordered a 32gb unlocked, white front, black accents.

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 via Android Central App

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
My wife digs hers. It's funny, the phone is smaller than her old one even with the slightly bigger screen. Yay efficient packaging.

Posted from my Nexus 5 via Android Central App

anaphora68

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I would say that, yes, it still is an excellent buy. I've owned nearly every Android phone that has come out, and just switched back from an iPhone 5S.

The ONLY thing I miss is the iPhone 5S camera. Past that, the Moto X is an outstanding buy. I would highly recommend it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey