4.4.3 - An improvement? Camera?

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I've avoided installing 4.4.3 until I hear more feedback (although it seems to be trying to get me to install it every 5 seconds). Didn't even mean to download it but it did it anyway.

Has anyone noticed the alleged camera improvements? Any other changes other than the dialer and contact lists, which from comments and pics seems to be a step backward?

Groid

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I think the low light performance has improved dramatically for the camera. Haven't noticed much other difference.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I have several comparison photos on G+. The camera has greatly improved in auto white balance, exposure, and low light.

I don't shoot with the flash so I can't give an opinion there.

Posted via Android Central App

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
What is the 'hulk flash issue'?

I assumed that he referring to photos that end up with a haze over them. This can happen when using the flash in low ambient light situations. The haze is sometimes white but usually it has a green hue. Therefore, I believe the "Hulk effect" was referring to the green color.

When this happens it seems to me that the flash is out of sync with the shutter. Whether that's the actual problem I don't know.

Sent from my Moto X

shilac007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I have several comparison photos on G+. The camera has greatly improved in auto white balance, exposure, and low light.

I don't shoot with the flash so I can't give an opinion there.

Hi,
Can you point me to your photos on G+? If you have any comparison shots before and after, that will be great.
I have just ordered the Moto X after lot of apprehensions about the camera.
I am not expecting the best camera smartphone but something that is passable... something in the range of a Nexus 5 in terms of image quality would be fine with me.
If you have used the Nexus 5 or other mid-top end phones , some comparison with the MotoX camera would be very helpful.

Thanks.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
Can you point me to your photos on G+? If you have any comparison shots before and after, that will be great.
I have just ordered the Moto X after lot of apprehensions about the camera.
I am not expecting the best camera smartphone but something that is passable... something in the range of a Nexus 5 in terms of image quality would be fine with me.
If you have used the Nexus 5 or other mid-top end phones , some comparison with the MotoX camera would be very helpful.

Thanks.

https://plus.google.com/+TonyHoffman

SiliconFiend

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I've had pretty good luck with the camera after the 4.4.3 update, but sometimes I can see that it's trying to underexpose the shot, so I just drag the focus/exposure reticle to a darker area of the frame. That helps a lot to brighten up a dim photo.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I want it! Sadly I'm on at&t so nothing yet. My outdoor pics on the Moto X are fine on 4.4.2, but the indoor ones - they're really hit and miss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo