Google maps freezing

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone experienced the new version of Google Maps freezing during navigation where the entire user interface freezes and crashes and you have to close it out and we started during your navigation trip? I have been experiencing this quite often and was wondering if anyone else has as well? I love Google Maps but if it keeps on messing up I might have to say try waze

Posted via Android Central App

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes when you have limited internal space in your device, this happens, might your have run low? I haven't had such a problem on my device, I use Google maps daily because I travel alot...or maybe its a problem with your device or try clearing the cache,

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes when you have limited internal space in your device, this happens, might your have run low? I haven't had such a problem on my device, I use Google maps daily because I travel alot...or maybe its a problem with your device or try clearing the cache,

You know it's interesting, I thought about that but I just check my memory as I do every day and everything's fine included are screenshots of what I am talking about...

Attachments

• 10319.jpg
    10319.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 239
  • 10320.jpg
    10320.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 239

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
It has frozen on me a couple of times since the last update - both during navigation. The map stopped updating to show my current position, and the app was unresponsive. No memory or storage issues here.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It has frozen on me a couple of times since the last update - both during navigation. The map stopped updating to show my current position, and the app was unresponsive. No memory or storage issues here.

Yeah while I was at work today, I started googling this issue heavily and yeah I'm doodles product support page ironically and interestingly, there's an entire blog dedicated to this issue for Google Maps 8.1 so I uninstall to Google Maps 7.1 then I GPS myself home and GPS went off it was fine Google Maps older version is smoother and the night mode seems to work a little bit better... I even went so far as to stop the automatic updates in the Google Play Store, but that's also unfortunately going to stop all my other automatic updates for all my other applications but I'll just have to deal with it oh well...

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yup and like I said, Google Maps version 7 .4 is pretty good so far . 3.1 version Google Maps seems to be the killer Sundays it'll be smooth which is what I think its fixed and then other days it'll freeze so many times in a row its not even funny...

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Had this problem a bunch today. Cleared app data and it worked long enough to get me home. Very annoying.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Now I want to investigate this issue. I hardly ever use navigation, but the times I have I didn't encounter any problems

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Now I want to investigate this issue. I hardly ever use navigation, but the times I have I didn't encounter any problems

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Yeah unfortunately I just thought it was an isolated issue every now and then sporadically with Google Maps in version 8.1, but after using a repetition leaving after updates from Google in the Play Store, it did not get better only got better when I downgraded to version 7.1... Like I said, if you go to Google Product Forums for the Google map section is a whole forum dedicated tovGoogle Maps new version sucking unfortunately.

zadillo

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I've been having this problem since the latest update too - app seems to completely freeze up in the middle of navigating - has happened to me both most recent times I was driving and using it for navigation.

I just tried clearing the cache and app data, so will see if that helps next time I take it out.

Definitely frustrating/irritating, but glad to know others have been having this problem too.

Horriblehindu

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
How do you download the older version of maps? I am getting this issue all the time and cannot stand it. Current versions -Moto x on Verizon, Google Maps Version 8.1.0

Thanks

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
How do you download the older version of maps? I am getting this issue all the time and cannot stand it. Current versions -Moto x on Verizon, Google Maps Version 8.1.0

Thanks

Well, trust me when I tell you this, I'm definitely glad to help out fellow Moto X users that's for damn sure... When I was on Google Maps version 8.1 the freezing during navigation issue happened more times and it didn't I went to the Google Play Store and uninstalling the most up to date version I am running Google Maps version 7.1 and knock on wood of course lol, its fine works like it should and the shockingly, whenever there's construction work on the local highway I am on it still alerts me for that which is really really nice.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Thanks
Settings > apps > all apps, then select Google maps, then click uninstall updates. It will replace it with version 7.4.

You can also selectively turn off auto updating for only one app by opening it in the play store, clicking the menu button at the top right and unselecting auto update.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Settings > apps > all apps, then select Google maps, then click uninstall updates. It will replace it with version 7.4.

You can also selectively turn off auto updating for only one app by opening it in the play store, clicking the menu button at the top right and unselecting auto update.

Exactly, and that's what I did and it helps a lot too thankfully Google Maps version 7.0 14 7.4 whatever it is is much more stable

Marie McNamee

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue and have just reported it in the "feedback" section as I really love using the satnav function - find the quickest routes everywhere (when it's working).

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
So there was a maps update today. Anyone get it and fire up navigation for a drive? Although the notes don't mention bug fixes I'm curious if they managed to fix our freezing issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza