Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Rip

Default Password Notes app help needed.

Looks like I need to do a complete factory reset. I have a kajillion user id's and passwords saved in my Password Notes app. Can someone provide step by step how to save the info stored in this app? I clicked on the Export option within this app and it said the data had been successfully saved to SD Card. Since the moto x does not have removable SD card, how will I get the data loaded back in after I do the factory reset?

Default Re: Password Notes app help needed.

Hook it up to your computer. Copy the files off the SD Card. After you reset your phone, copy the files back to the directory you got them from and you should be good.
    Thanked by:
    Rip 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Rip

Quote Originally Posted by grenefroggie View Post
    Hook it up to your computer. Copy the files off the SD Card. After you reset your phone, copy the files back to the directory you got them from and you should be good.
    This is all new to me and I have no idea how to copy the files off the SD Card to my MacPro and then copy files back to the directory. Is there a step by step (for Dummies) version of instructions to do this?

I do not honestly know. I only use my Mac for web browsing. I use my PC for all of my phone stuff. But you can try plugging in your phone and seeing if your computer recognizes it.

Copy and paste and email them to yourself?

Have you considered saving the exported file to Google Drive?

I had to do the same thing. I just emailed the notes to myself. There should be an option for this in the settings somewhere. Usually the 3 vertical dots. Mine were inside the actual note so I copied and pasted other notes into one so I wouldn't have to open 18 emails.

Posted via Android Central App

I had the note 2 and got the note 4. they said they downloaded my password notes I assumed everything in the google play store that I have had. My new phone does not have it on there. I went to the play store and installed it on my new note 4 and brings me to Welcome to your notes. Then have to put my password in. It does not take the password to get into it no matter how many times I try it just says, oops your password is incorrect try again. I keep trying and just can't get in and no way to change it. What do i do? I had over 20 passwords and user names in there?