Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Temporarily bypass NFC lock

Hi,

I have a rooted Verizon Moto X Developer Edition. My work says that I need to have an actual screen lock (not just slide lock) if I want to access my email on my phone. I really like using NFC lock (via the Motorola Skip that I got for free) but it would be great to bypass it when my phone is in certain locations (i.e. home/work).

I know that I can use tasker to bypass a pin/password lock when I am near a designated WiFi, but I have yet to see anything that will allow me to bypass the NFC lock. I can't switch back and forth from pin/password to NFC easily because if you disable NFC lock it erases the information from the Skip and you have to set it up all over again. I also know that I can do trusted bluetooth devices but I don't want to stay connected to my bluetooth headset all the time and I don't want to have to keep my bluetooth capable laptop within 30 feet of my phone at home at all times. I have considered using the Wallet TrackR but I have heard concerns about it not working all that well and I would have to remember to take it with me every where in my house and at work.

Has anyone else tried to temporarily disable the NFC lock using a location awareness or NFC command? Any ideas on how I might accomplish my goal of using my Skip when I am away from home/work but not using the lock when I am at home/work?
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,478 Global Posts

Default Re: Temporarily bypass NFC lock

I would just use an app like Touchdown to keep work separate.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Default Re: Temporarily bypass NFC lock

An expensive option to be sure but I have mine hooked through trusted Bluetooth to my Pebble. Hooked on having the watch plus no hassle unlocks as my watch is usually on.

Posted via Android Central App