Is it safe? Correct Moto X Charger Specification
I lost my OEM charger for my Verizon Moto X and, bought a samsung S4 charger.
it specification says:
output : 5V - 2A
I just wanna know is it safe to charge my moto X with 2A charger? does it affect the lifespan of the battery?
Is this 2 Ampire normal with OEM chargers also?
- 06-20-2014, 03:02 AM #2
- 06-20-2014, 09:52 AM #4
- 06-20-2014, 11:59 AM #6
Re: Is it safe? Correct Moto X Charger Specification
The rating marked on the charger is only the maximum it will output. The phone and battery dictate what power it draws based on the needs of the device. You could have a charger with a 4A output (just using this to make the point, I don't think these exist, yet) and it would still only draw 2A (or whatever the phone calls for) through the charger.
- 06-20-2014, 12:05 PM #7
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 08-20-2014, 12:19 PM
- By kenorian in forum Droid RAZR MAXX HDReplies: 3Last Post: 07-02-2014, 11:55 AM
- By CarrierPigeon in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 33Last Post: 06-27-2014, 11:40 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-20-2014, 01:18 AM
- By aceventura1972 in forum HTC EVO Design 4GReplies: 0Last Post: 06-19-2014, 09:32 PM