Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery Problems, brand new phone stops charging at 70%

My Moto X stopped charging at 70% while it showed that phone was connected to the wall charger on the right top of the screen. After rebooting the phone, I can charge my phone successfully. My phone was only 4 or 5 days old, is there anything wrong with the battery? Thank you.

Default Re: Battery Problems, brand new phone stops charging at 70%

It might not be an issue at all.

How hot was the charger? My MacBook will stop charging sometimes when the charger gets too hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaodong Lin View Post
    My Moto X stopped charging at 70% while it showed that phone was connected to the wall charger on the right top of the screen. After rebooting the phone, I can charge my phone successfully. My phone was only 4 or 5 days old, is there anything wrong with the battery? Thank you.

Until a new phone goes through a full charge --> days use --> recharge --> days use --> reboot cycle, my experience is the battery percentages are a bit off. I think the reboot had more to do with it than anything else.

If it doesn't happen again, you're fine. If it does happen again, get them to send you a new one. Warranties rock and Motorola's customer service is EXCELLENT.

Mine did the exact same thing last week (have had it for about 4 months now), never happened before. Restarted it and didn't have any problems. Not sure what was wrong with it but so far so good.