Moto X and Android L

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone think the Moto X will get android L or will we be left in the cold? Are you excited for it? I know I am!

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Oh I'm definitely excited, and hopefully we will get it bad they said that it has a faraway so hopefully motorola and Google will be smart about it

Posted via Android Central App

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Wasn't it confirmed that the X and the G will be getting Android L? What's more if Motorola promised that the E will get the next major update, both the X and G will most certainly get it.

Tapatalking from my iPhone

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have no doubts that the Moto X will get upgraded to the Android L base.

I'm curious to see what Android L will look like on the Moto X. There are some changes in L that the Moto X already has as a Motorola feature.

Android L: Personal Unlocking
Location-based unlocking
Bluetooth-based unlocking (Motorola's Trusted Bluetooth)

Android L: Notifications
Syncing with Chrome (Motorola's Motorola Connect)

Google Now (not specifically L)
Search from Every Screen (Motorola's Touchless Control)

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything confirming Android L for our X. I love the "Material Design" philosophy behind Android L, and it looks like an overall major improvement. I love when I get OS updates that make me feel like I have a brand new phone again.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I have no doubts that the Moto X will get upgraded to the Android L base.

I'm curious to see what Android L will look like on the Moto X. There are some changes in L that the Moto X already has as a Motorola feature.

Android L: Personal Unlocking
Location-based unlocking
Bluetooth-based unlocking (Motorola's Trusted Bluetooth)

Android L: Notifications
Syncing with Chrome (Motorola's Motorola Connect)

Google Now (not specifically L)
Search from Every Screen (Motorola's Touchless Control)

I was just thinking the same thing. I was also wondering if maybe our phones have those features because Google was using Motorola as a test case for some of them.

ShoelerDroid

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
The "confirmation" of the X getting L is a hoax. It started from some "german motorola" facebook page and Motorola quickly said this was baloney.

I have no doubt that we'll get L though. The phone won't barely be a year old then.

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually a little disappointed in L. I think kit kat looks better. I don't want notifications on my lock screen. I don't like the way the notification shade looks or functions in L. I'm not sure I'll even update my X when it gets it. I know I will have to eventually but I think I will put it off for a bit.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually a little disappointed in L. I think kit kat looks better. I don't want notifications on my lock screen. I don't like the way the notification shade looks or functions in L. I'm not sure I'll even update my X when it gets it. I know I will have to eventually but I think I will put it off for a bit.
Just to let you know, notifications on the lockscreen can be turned off. And remember that everything we've seen of L is nowhere near complete. There are a lot of changes which can still happen.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I must agree , I'm personally digging the multitasking card review now verses what you had in other prior operating systems of Android use to have. It's it also seems like a much lighter operating system and then I do like the easier shortcut: way in the Notification Center to get to shortcut settings menu

bujin

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I'll be honest with everyone here, that just makes the Moto X & moto G much what about evil eyes top and smart phones from Motorola. We know that it'll get the update send off to go and buy another phone! That's great!

I want whatever you're drinking. ;)