How safe is my Personal Information?

SandmanATHF

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I recently sold my broken Moto X (it got wet and will not turn on). I am planning on shipping it out tomorrow, but I just had a thought. Is my information on it safe? I do not have a passcode on it so now that I am thinking about it, what are the chances that the person who bought it on eBay just wants my personal information? Is there anything I can do to keep my information safe, besides not selling the phone? Can I do something with google that logs me out of all devices and I have to log back in on all devices? I also have a password manager on the device, I believe it was Keepass that has all my passwords in it.

BTW it is a bamboo backed 32 GB that I sold for $90 almost as soon as I put it online. If anyone else is trying to sell a similar phone, I recommend selling it for a bit more.

SandmanATHF

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I got onto the Moto website to discuss with them what happened and what I could do to save my information. As soon as I described dropping it in the water, they offered to replace it free of charge (Another customized 32GB phone) Being a Verizon customer, I never expected this in a million years!

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I got onto the Moto website to discuss with them what happened and what I could do to save my information. As soon as I described dropping it in the water, they offered to replace it free of charge (Another customized 32GB phone) Being a Verizon customer, I never expected this in a million years!
Uh, how's that going to work if you already sold your old phone?

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Motorola support is amazing, don't care what anyone else says. Some people have all kinds of trouble, but I see more stories of this kind than the other. And even if the sale went through it would have been worth the possible 1 negative feedback and probably small fee in refunding the money.

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I agree. I have had nothing but great experiences with them. I was told that the customer service is based here in the US during normal business hours and it is taken over by an outsourced company overseas after our normal Monday thru Friday 8 to 5 or something like that. Not sure how true all of this is. I have only ever contacted them online during these business hours and have had great experiences.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay