What Texting App are you Using on Moto X?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello all, I have a question for everyone as to which text App you use? I'm using textra now which one for the most part was okay I tried reverting back to Google hangout still when i get a text from someone who has a picture ID associated with them manually or facebook it doesn't consistently show up on our active display alarm Moto X. Does everyone else experienced this as well? Thank you

Posted via Android Central App

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello all, I have a question for everyone as to which text App you use? I'm using textra now which one for the most part was okay I tried reverting back to Google hangout still when i get a text from someone who has a picture ID associated with them manually or facebook it doesn't consistently show up on our active display alarm Moto X. Does everyone else experienced this as well? Thank you

Same thing for me. I think it was the 4.4.2 update that made this not work right, I've notified Motorola before that it needs to be fixed, it also doesn't show the person's picture in the notification pulldown either. I still use Hangouts though, haven't tried anything else. It works for awhile after rebooting but always quits showing the profile pictures sometime during the first day. Don't get enough Facebook messages to notice for that.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I personally like Hangouts for my SMS. It has a clean UI and gets new features often. I also use it for chat and its nice to have everything together in one app. Before that I used 8SMS. It is just a modified version of the AOSP Messages app. It is free on the play store.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Another vote for Hangouts. Text, IM & Video chat all in one clean app. I started using it day one & it has seen steady improvements.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm using that evolve SMS at and so far I really like it in the notifications pull down bar I can have an option for applying instantly instantly or later it's a very clean interface runs very very smoothly the one thing that I don't like about hangouts especially in the Evolve SMS is a fact that all my picture of these things perfectly and show up on the active notifications. In hangouts, it has an issue with picture is in general so that's what it was but thats in it works fine with evolve SMS.. Now, if I use Google Hangouts for IM protocol more than SMS or in conjunction with I would agree with you but I very rarely even use it for a video chatting I just don't know enough people that use Google hangouts that's why

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have been trying out the Android L keyboard last couple days , so far so good. I was using the stock keyboard before.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well I must say thanks for one response so far I appreciate it.. But again, I have been using evolve SMS for a day now and so far I love it buy is great response of this is awesome Exedra Exedra us with a quick responses back to get that actually having enter my sms inbox it helps a lot...

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I was using Hangouts for a while but don't like how it doesn't display contact pictures very reliably. I don't know if it defaults to a Google+ pic and that's why many of them are blank. Anyway, I switched back to stock.

I will say that Hangouts SMS can handle emojis to/from iOS devices which stock wouldn't. The stock message app may handle that by now but I haven't tested it to be sure.

Sent from my Moto X

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I was using Hangouts for a while but don't like how it doesn't display contact pictures very reliably. I don't know if it defaults to a Google+ pic and that's why many of them are blank. Anyway, I switched back to stock.

I will say that Hangouts SMS can handle emojis to/from iOS devices which stock wouldn't. The stock message app may handle that by now but I haven't tested it to be sure.

Sent from my Moto X

I completely agree with you,,, that's exactly my feeling too I feel that if I'm using Google Hangouts no matter what the source of the picture ideas it should bring up on active display which it never does or doesn't so it consistently doesn't even count if you know what I mean. That have evolved SMS works flawlessly so far and it's only about 5&A half megs a file space which is not too too shabby...

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Evolve is extremely laggy. I don't know how that doesn't bother you guys. It drives me crazy

I don't experience that at all on my X. If I did, I would have uninstalled by now. I couldn't put up with lag. Not sure why it's acting up for you. I'm stock 4.4.2.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I completely agree with you,,, that's exactly my feeling too I feel that if I'm using Google Hangouts no matter what the source of the picture ideas it should bring up on active display which it never does or doesn't so it consistently doesn't even count if you know what I mean. That have evolved SMS works flawlessly so far and it's only about 5&A half megs a file space which is not too too shabby...

I have the exact same experience with Hangouts which I loved before it went buggy.
Evolve is everything I want it to be, so thanks for the suggestion folks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan