Stock Messenger - Message not sent, message

greenxyz

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi Community,

Every so often my text/mms messages that I attempt to send out to my contacts returns and error and will not get sent out to the required recipient. The error message i receive back is as follows "Message not sent. touch to review the message and try again" which is associated with a red icon. This usually seems to be happening more and more often. And I still haven't found a solution for this issue, the problem just stops but continues later whenever I attempt to send a text/mms.

I have attempted to clear catch and data from the stock message app, but problem still persist. I have also tried to restart my Moto X but problem also still persisted.

Once again I am using a Moto X with the stock message app. If anyone can assist me with resolving this issue I would appreciate it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Stock Messanger - Message not sent, message

How's your reception been? It sounds more like a network problem to me. Talk to your wireless provider, and if they tell you the network has been fine, ask them about trying a replacement SIM.

shetach

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site

Interesting. I find that every time I power my phone off, then turn it back on, the last message that I sent will show an error with the red icon

Posted via Android Central App

greenxyz

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site

How's your reception been? It sounds more like a network problem to me. Talk to your wireless provider, and if they tell you the network has been fine, ask them about trying a replacement SIM.

Hmm the reception sometimes goes off and on, maybe its the reception/SIM.

greenxyz

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site

I changed the SIM card for the phone and got a new one, but the issue still persist

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Do you still have problems with reception going in and out? If the new SIM didn't help, I'd wonder about either the phone's antenna or the network itself. What wireless provider are you using?

greenxyz

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site

Do you still have problems with reception going in and out? If the new SIM didn't help, I'd wonder about either the phone's antenna or the network itself. What wireless provider are you using?

Yea its weird sometimes I lose complete signal for split second then it comes back on and the MMS/SMS works once more after that. I own AT&T, and live where AT&T signal should be pretty good so not sure why I'm losing signal

Also When i get the MMS/SMS message it still shows that I have signal at the time.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

The intermittent brief signal dropouts are probably the culprit. Talk to AT&T about it, and if possible, show them evidence of your dropouts (for example, take a video of the phone showing the signal dropouts). If they insist it isn't a network problem, then you may have to talk to Motorola about a warranty repair or replacement.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Do you use Motorola Connect?

greenxyz

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site

The intermittent brief signal dropouts are probably the culprit. Talk to AT&T about it, and if possible, show them evidence of your dropouts (for example, take a video of the phone showing the signal dropouts). If they insist it isn't a network problem, then you may have to talk to Motorola about a warranty repair or replacement.

Yep I'm on the phone with them right now, but seems like they giving me the run around asking for reject number list (Blocks SMS messaging), IMEI, asking me to turn off my WiFi o_O, turning off my Phone. And finally she asked if I turn off my phone when charging in the night, which i said no. She Stating that it improves the phone signal quality and removes any catch "and clears the congested signal/line".

Its pretty hard to determine if the problem has been fixed though, I would have to wait for a day or less to determine if it was fixed or not.

greenxyz

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site

Problem still persist, and I forgot to mention i also get this message "Restricted access changed "

Help someone :(

greenxyz

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site

I have the same problem, I have the motorola moto g dual sim.

It's so annoying still haven't found a solution, i have some questions for you.

1. What phone provider are you on?
2. Does it happen in one particular place?
3. What phone provider is your Moto G made for?
4. When did it start?

Trying to figure out what is causing this issue, so far i believe its the phone

greenxyz

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site

I have the same problem, I have the motorola moto g dual sim.

Also can you try something, i may have found a solution.

Try draining your phones battery to 0 basically and allow it to shut off on its own. Than charge it back up and test it out. It happened to me and all seems to be working fine at the moment

Smith7

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site

I'm having similar issues. I had a Moto X from last November without problems, then managed to drop it and the replacement(s) have had this connectivity issue. After some runaround Motorola replaced my 2nd unit. However, the new (now 3rd Moto X) phone has the same problem (no cel connectively: so no SMS/MMS, can't send or receive calls). Wifi works. It's annoying especially because the phone displays no error message, and shows me as connected. I don't realize there's a problem until I go to send a txt or make a call, and I get "out of service" errors. A reboot or Airplane mode on/off fixes -- for a while.

I have AT&T and got a new Sim from them (I'd previously used the sim card from the original phone). Unfortunately that didn't fix, so back to Motorola I go. Ugh.

greenxyz

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site

I'm having similar issues. I had a Moto X from last November without problems, then managed to drop it and the replacement(s) have had this connectivity issue. After some runaround Motorola replaced my 2nd unit. However, the new (now 3rd Moto X) phone has the same problem (no cel connectively: so no SMS/MMS, can't send or receive calls). Wifi works. It's annoying especially because the phone displays no error message, and shows me as connected. I don't realize there's a problem until I go to send a txt or make a call, and I get "out of service" errors. A reboot or Airplane mode on/off fixes -- for a while.

I have AT&T and got a new Sim from them (I'd previously used the sim card from the original phone). Unfortunately that didn't fix, so back to Motorola I go. Ugh.

Try draining your phones battery to 0 basically and allow it to shut off on its own. Than charge it back up and test it out. It happened to me and all seems to be working fine at the moment

Smith7

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site

Nope, that has no lasting effect. Generally rebooting or cycling the airplane mode will resync it to the network, but it eventually drops.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Just got this issue yesterday. Stock messenger gave the "Message not sent alert".

Rebooting did not help.

Only fix was to clear all messages.

greenxyz

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site

Just got this issue yesterday. Stock messenger gave the "Message not sent alert".

Rebooting did not help.

Only fix was to clear all messages.

Yep i still get the issue, i haven't found a solution for this problem. AT&T Customer Service claimed it was fixed, but wasn't, pretty upset with them. Going through Heaven and Hell trying to fix this issue