Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Ry

Global Posts
    9,790 Global Posts

Default Moto Maker: Unlocked GSM Moto X (with NET10 SIM) $299.99 through 7/16

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4) - Motorola Moto 360 (LWX48T, Lollipop 5.0.1) - Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)

What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Default Re: Moto Maker: Unlocked GSM Moto X (with NET10 SIM) $299.99 through 7/16

Okay. If a person were to buy one of these, take it to their local T-Mobile store where they would just pop out the Net10 SIM, insert a T-Mobile Sim, would it then work on T-Mobile?
    There are some things that man was just not meant to know. For everything else there's Google.

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

Default Re: Moto Maker: Unlocked GSM Moto X (with NET10 SIM) $299.99 through 7/16

Why do they never include the model number. If it is an XT1053, I'm in for one. I don't want a phone with Net10 customized firmware on it.

Quote Originally Posted by devman View Post
    Why do they never include the model number. If it is an XT1053, I'm in for one. I don't want a phone with Net10 customized firmware on it.
    I'm with you. If I knew they were model XT1053 I'd buy two of them.
    There are some things that man was just not meant to know. For everything else there's Google.

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The site says unlocked with a Net10 Sim included. I ordered one and I'll let everyone know what's up when I receive it.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by 2:
    huntnycRy 
    Ry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mes3 View Post
    The site says unlocked with a Net10 Sim included. I ordered one and I'll let everyone know what's up when I receive it.
    I hope you get it before the 16th!

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Haha. Hopefully! I ordered white face/woven white back/silver accents. They gotta have some of those sitting around already made!

Quote Originally Posted by PapaGary View Post
    I'm with you. If I knew they were model XT1053 I'd buy two of them.
    Can't someone just ask them on their contact page?
    I would but I'm not in the US currently and it would redirect me.
    I could have a friend to get me one if its XT1053

Exclamation Re: Moto Maker: Unlocked GSM Moto X (with NET10 SIM) $299.99 through 7/16

Did you find out if you can you use it with other prepaid SIMs (e.g.-H20) or internationally (I'm thinking you would since it is unlocked but then what would Net10 gain!).

Also, is it XT1053 or 1058? and what's the difference between the 2 models?
    Thanks for your reply in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by nikvana View Post
    Also, is it XT1053 or 1058? and what's the difference between the 2 models?
    Se the chart half way down this page:
    Moto X - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Thanks for your reply in advance!
    You're welcome in advance.

I'm not techy, but you guys are having the exact discussion I need for help. I checked the Net10 website, and it says you can have a phone unlocked after 12 months of service. Were you guys planning on just using the deal and then jail breaking it? I'm buying a new phone to take from the US to the UK, and will be using only UK services for a year while there - so international plans and whatnot on US carriers are not part of my priorities at all. I only want a GSM unlocked phone. Is this the way to go? I has confused.
    @PapaGary - from wiki (thanks from before, for the advanced welcome) it looks like 1053 vs 1058 is a matter of carrier options. Is that correct or am I missing a major feature?

"Were you guys planning on just using the deal and then jail breaking it?"

I am assuming/hoping that the phone would be operational with other SIM cards too straight out of the box. Not sure how Net10 will ensure we can't use the phone with other GSM carriers.

will wait for @zer000five to clear up the confusion.

"Not sure how Net10 will ensure we can't use the phone with other GSM carriers.

will wait for @zer000five to clear up the confusion.
    It's actually @Mes3 who ordered one.
    Anyway this is supposed to be an unlocked phone with a net10 SIM card.
    That is what the Moto maker page says, and those who bought the option with a T-mobile SIM say they can use their phone with whatever SIM they want.

Hopefully there's just a different SIM card in the box

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

Moto maker website says that it is Unlocked GSM, so it for sure will not be locked to Net10. It is likely (but not confirmed, hence my question near the top of the thread) that it will be the XT1053 model (up until now known as the Unlocked/T-Mobile/Developer Edition model). This late in the game I can't see Moto spinning a new firmware for a new model of the X, but you never know. I certainly would hate to get it and find out that I have a Moto X crapped up with Net10 branded firmware.

I'm probably just going to go ahead and order one, if it isn't an XT1053, I'll send it back for a refund.

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by devman View Post
    Moto maker website says that it is Unlocked GSM, so it for sure will not be locked to Net10. It is likely (but not confirmed, hence my question near the top of the thread) that it will be the XT1053 model (up until now known as the Unlocked/T-Mobile/Developer Edition model). This late in the game I can't see Moto spinning a new firmware for a new model of the X, but you never know. I certainly would hate to get it and find out that I have a Moto X crapped up with Net10 branded firmware.

I'm probably just going to go ahead and order one, if it isn't an XT1053, I'll send it back for a refund.
    I tried Motorola chat, talked to Rhodora, and she was mostly clueless. At first she tired to tell me that all the GSM models were the same and, after I pointed out the different radios, she admitted I was right. She was unable to find on her system which model the Net 10 model is; seems strange to me that she doesn't have some type of upper level support that can find the answer for her.

So, it looks like we'll have to wait for someone to get the phone to find out which model it is. Since Net10 has SIMs for both AT&T and T-Mobile, it seems like they would use 1053 to be compatible with both carriers.

I spoke with Motorola today. They indicated it was XT1058. Does this disqualify it for T-Mobile users?

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerJohn13 View Post
    I spoke with Motorola today. They indicated it was XT1058. Does this disqualify it for T-Mobile users?
    It doesn't have an AWS radio for 3G. I believe most areas now have 1900 Mhz refarmed, which the 1058 does have; though you likely will only get HSPA+21 rather than 42. It will work fine for LTE on T-Mobile.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    Ry

Global Posts
    9,790 Global Posts

XT1058 without the AT&T bloatware is a bit intriguing.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4) - Motorola Moto 360 (LWX48T, Lollipop 5.0.1) - Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)

Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

I ordered one today, I'll post back with the model number when I get it. The website said I had a 9 day wait though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    XT1058 without the AT&T bloatware is a bit intriguing.

That would be very interesting, particularly if Moto will allow unlocking the bootloader (something that is not allowed with the AT&T model). I still think it is likely to be an XT1053, but I wouldn't be surprised either way.

I contacted a few motorola reps.. mostly they were intentionally misleading but a couple of them seem to confirm its XT1053. I have ordered one anyway but it is expected to arrive only on Jul 17th!
    Anybody know how to determine which model it is once it arrives?

Update:
    I just confimed with motorola with my order number and this is the reply "right, I've check the details of your order and it is Moto X Net 10 - 1 of OPTN,XT1053-AFX,16GB,BLK,ENDO model."

It is a XT1053!!!
    Thanked by 4:
    devmanhuntnycmogelijkRy 
    Ry and devman like this.

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Motorola canceled my order for no reason other than I guess they felt like it. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by data_monkey View Post
    Anybody know how to determine which model it is once it arrives?
    You're supposed to see it on the outside of the box somewhere near the barcodes.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by zer000five View Post
    You're supposed to see it on the outside of the box somewhere near the barcodes.
    The outside of my box has nothing that shows the model (I'm looking at it right now).
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  
    Ry

Global Posts
    9,790 Global Posts

Motorola said on Twitter that it's the XT1053.

Thanked by 2:
    devman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Motorola said on Twitter that it's the XT1053.
    Let the stampede begin!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast