Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Over sensitive touch screen?

Sometimes my finger is close to an app but isn't making contact and the app launches anyway?

Common occurrence with others here? Some kind of static charge causing this?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Over sensitive touch screen?

Is your finger still touching the screen, but just not touching the app icon, or is your finger not even touching the screen?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Just hovering over the button and the screen senses that a touch has taken place but I haven't touched it. No other finger is touching the screen or I would get the wallpaper option launched. It doesn't happen all the time but most noticeable when I'm using a free app and there's a running ad below it. My finger is close to the ad without touching it and it launches. Kind of annoying but I can live with it, (or pay for the non-ad version of the app).

I'm not a physicist or electrical engineer, but since the screen is capacitative, I suppose it's possible that, like you suggest, if you're charged up with static electricity, it might allow the circuit to complete without your finger even touching the screen. Does this happen even after you ground yourself, by touching something metal first?