Moto X versus Droid Maxx

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I was comparing the Moto X with the Droid Maxx in the Verizon store and it looked like the effective viewing area of the Droid Maxx was about an inch (diagonally) larger than the Moto X. I had them both set the the same web page and there was much more information displayed on the Droid Maxx screen. In fact, the Moto X screen looked about the same as my iPhone 5. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
what kind of thoughts are you looking for?

its 2 completely diff phones. maxx is just a little bit bigger and has a longer lasting battery. thats pretty much it. as far as software, theyre the same but the moto x will prolly get faster updates.

its a matter of battery/screen size in comparison and what youre comfortable with. if youre able to wait another month or so, the moto x2 will be out .

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
On paper, the Droid Maxx is only 0.3 inch larger diagonally than the Moto X, yet it appears to be much larger than that. As I mentioned, I had the Moto X, the Droid Maxx and the iPhone 5 (4 inch diagonal) side by side all looking at CNN and the Moto X and the iPhone appeared to be identical in terms of how much of the web page was displayed. The Droid Maxx displayed several more lines of text. My question is, has anyone else noticed this?

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I would go with the Moto X, but if you can wait a month or so the Moto X2 should be coming out. It will have a 5in screen like the Maxx.

If you cannot wait I still have no problem recommending the X to anyone. It is a great phone, and it's guaranteed to get Android L.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I had the maxx on Verizon before switching to att and the x. The maxx was the best all around phone I've ever owned. The real reason besides the .3 inches that the maxx's screen looks bigger is because it has capacitive buttons where the x has on screen buttons.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(730457)

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I was at Verizon about the same day you were wondering the same thing, and I just went back again today and I discovered there are shortcuts and settings that the Maxx has that the X doesn't. For instance, the Maxx has an option in Accessibility to have the camera open with a double-tap of the Home button, and the Display settings have an option to let a long-press of the multi-task button run the menu. It's really nice, along with showing more things on screen.

One problem I discovered though is that hitting the Home button from an app set me back on the main homescreen, no matter what. Obnoxious, but there might be a workaround somewhere.

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Home always brings you home. Are you talking more about back button functionality? I myself couldn't stand the vibration on the capacitive buttons with the maxx. Software tweaks are annoying also. The X is a better all around device.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I had a Razr Maxx HD for a year and a half I'll tell you guys one thing I love my max fill a problem with the new Droid Maxx is it has hardware buttons on the bottom of the screen vs virtual touch buttons and that is true to have that Google wants into it so s to look and feel . I'm in the battery on the max is outstanding however I wind up charging my phone overnight anyways so its not too too big of a deal . In regards to the overall performance on the screen size, you're not so I know it's too much of a difference between the 5 inch screen on a max vs the 4.7 inch screen on the X.. The one thing I didn't like about the Droid phones rest of the ex was that they still have the circles widget which gives you information but its not the Google now widget which I love that is well other than that very very similar..