Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Does trusted devices work with exchange PIN and encryption?

    Just curious, if I ever go back to unrooted and stock email client my work email requires a PIN and encryption. Will bluetooth trusted devices still work?
  2. #2  
    natehoy's Avatar

    Posts
    2,314 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: Does trusted devices work with exchange PIN and encryption?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clocks View Post
    Just curious, if I ever go back to unrooted and stock email client my work email requires a PIN and encryption. Will bluetooth trusted devices still work?
    As far as I know, yes. I have corporate email with MobileIron and TouchDown on mine, and corporate policy requires an 8-character complex password and a lockout every 15 minutes. Bluetooth Trusted works fine for me. Your mileage may vary, of course.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Does trusted devices work with exchange PIN and encryption?

    FYI this does not work. When I enable my exchange account and set it up as device admin the option for trusted devices is blocked 'due to administrator settings'.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Does trusted devices work with exchange PIN and encryption?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clocks View Post
    FYI this does not work. When I enable my exchange account and set it up as device admin the option for trusted devices is blocked 'due to administrator settings'.
    Which is why I used Touchdown HD and now Nine for work email.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Does trusted devices work with exchange PIN and encryption?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Which is why I used Touchdown HD and now Nine for work email.
    great find with nine! i hate touchdown, mailwise *only* has conversation view (which i hate). Nine is fantastic!
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Does trusted devices work with exchange PIN and encryption?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clocks View Post
    great find with nine! i hate touchdown, mailwise *only* has conversation view (which i hate). Nine is fantastic!
    Nine is amazing. The only thing I miss from Touchdown is the separate calendar since I liked having everything separate. In terms of UI, Touchdown is donut while Nine is KitKat.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-28-2016, 05:41 PM
  2. Samsung Galaxy S4 Active - phone doesnt lock with side button
    By TKBMy03 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Active
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-17-2014, 01:46 PM
  3. Exchange Contact Search Limit
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-17-2014, 12:29 PM
  4. Does my Samsung Galaxy S3 have a battery problem?
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2014, 12:02 PM
  5. Poor Battery Life on Nexus 4 with A Franco Kernel
    By Unregistered in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-17-2014, 10:56 AM

Posting Permissions