Notification light?

moviedude2k

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I know that moto x has the innovative active notifications. This is all well and good and something I'm excited to get to try. However, before I make the plunge and purchase a X. I need to know if anyone has figured out a way to use the led as a notification led? Weather by rooting or using an App? This is essential for me.. Thanks for your time.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
No notification light. It has a charging led that is only for when the battery is completely drained but that's it. The active display is so much better than a light once you use it you won't look back

moviedude2k

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
So no one has found a way to root it or anything to get it to work as a notification light? Damn.. I really want to try this phone but can't justify the 200 dollars if I will go mad not having my Crack light. I'm currently using a Sony Xperia Z1 compact and it's great I just think it might be wise to sell it while I can get something for it lol

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I know that moto x has the innovative active notifications. This is all well and good and something I'm excited to get to try. However, before I make the plunge and purchase a X. I need to know if anyone has figured out a way to use the led as a notification led? Weather by rooting or using an App? This is essential for me.. Thanks for your time.

There's several notification light apps. Light flow and some other ones. Maybe one of those will work for you.

rayzup478

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
It may be hard to explain and understand since you haven't used it but active notifications is all that you need. I can't tell you how much better it is than a notification led. In fact, I don't think I could ever own a phone in the future without active notifications. If you're worried about security issues, you can put a lock on it so no one can read the messages still.

anaphora68

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Active Notifications pulses like a notification light. Personally, I prefer Active Notifications to the blinking light on my Nexus 5.

It's one of the features of the phone, though.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Before getting the Moto X I too was c concerned about not having the notification light. As it turns out now I can't imagine not having a phone with active display. I have no desire for a notification light now, and I consider the Moto X the best phone I've ever used. If I were you I would not let the lack of a notification light dissuade you from buying a Moto X.

Posted via Android Central App

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

As others said no notification light for messages,emails,etc. I also prefer the active notifications over the notification light, having had phones with the notification light in the past.

For me IF the Moto X had the option to choose between a notification light or active notifications.I would have it set for active notifications. :)

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
As with others, "I have seen the (lack of a) light!" :)

I have to lock my phone with a long complicated password and a very short timeout as per corporate security, so seeing useful information like what type of notification(s) are active and the time without having to unlock the phone is huge for me. I once carried a Blackberry and got one of those "color indicates type of message" notification apps, and Active Notifications is better in every way for me.

Having said that, if no actual notification light is an absolute no-starter for you, then the MotoX ain't got one that is addressable by any software API. Sorry.

Sir Alex

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
If you really want the LED notifications, then get a different phone. To experience something similar to active notifications, there are apps you can install. I've used Dynamic Notifications on an N4.